Esteemed Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ June 2018 Thread, Spoilers

Get a big, brass band to play her out!!!!

I just read that she didn't renew her contract.  She was to pursue primetime and films!!!

She can't leave fast enough!!!!  Goodbye and good riddance to that character!!!!

Super Contributor

Whoop! Whoop! She's gone. The long overdue end of this storyline is coming soon and we won't have to watch CL!  Me thinks she got a big head from her Emmy win. She'll be back on one soap or another. Just don't let it be GH.

https://daytimeconfidential.com/2018/06/28/chloe-lanier-quits-general-hospital

Esteemed Contributor

Somewhere along the spoilers, I read that GH ratings were falling and many blamed the Nelle storyline!  She played a believable, evil Nelle, but her story just never excelled for me! 

I also think the writers played her role into a corner --

either she gives the baby away or she leaves with the baby or she leaves the baby with Mickey!  Guess we'll see how she exits...

Honored Contributor

@corita

What is Michael doing by wanting to marry her...??

I don't trust her..and i'm  also saying...bye,bye,and don't let the door hit your butt!

So, today was Dante 's last show ...none of us expected this would be his reason for leaving...lol

Loved the banter between Ava and Franco...and now Scotty will be in on their plot to take Dr. B. down!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

oops...so finally Sam and Jason want to  now find Carly's leaflet that had the invisible ink on it??...geeze  

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

@corita

What is Michael doing by wanting to marry her...??

I don't trust her..and i'm  also saying...bye,bye,and don't let the door hit your butt!

So, today was Dante 's last show ...none of us expected this would be his reason for leaving...lol

Loved the banter between Ava and Franco...and now Scotty will be in on their plot to take Dr. B. down!

Perhaps. However, if Ava wants to snuff Bensch, then leave Franco out of it. She's perfectly capable of murder on her own as we all know. That woman is of the same ilk as Dr. B. 

Honored Contributor

I've read where soaps are not filmed in order of what we see.

However, it sure seemed obvious to me that the actress known as LuLu was really telling the actor known as Dante 'good-bye' from the show.  She isn't that good of an actress where she could act like that otherwise (my opinion).  They've been together for sometime now and I'm sure she probably will miss the actor.

Tell me again why he's leaving.  I can't remember what was posted here?  I'm guessing it has to do with money?

I can't imagine the amount of money it costs to pay all of these actors!  

I read a long time ago that a person can tell how well a show is doing based on the amount of commercials.  For instance if there are a lot it means the producers (and powers that be) can't ask as much for each commercial because not as many people are watching.  If a show is doing well, they can ask more money for each commercial AND that way they don't have to show quite as many (commercials).  Kinda makes sense if it's right.

I know over on Y&R I think they've lost a lot of viewers (if you think this show is drowning, you should tune in over there (!!!) the amount of commercials has definitely increased (I know, I fast forward over them and now much/most of the show....(#boring).

Esteemed Contributor

@WildDunes wrote:

Whoop! Whoop! She's gone. The long overdue end of this storyline is coming soon and we won't have to watch CL!  Me thinks she got a big head from her Emmy win. She'll be back on one soap or another. Just don't let it be GH.

https://daytimeconfidential.com/2018/06/28/chloe-lanier-quits-general-hospital

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Nelle!

Esteemed Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

I totally think Mikey is proposing just to get the baby when Nelle goes to Pville.  

I suppose it could be Faison in the next room and maybe Kevin faked the brain in the jar thing to throw people off, but I am laying my cash on it being Morgan.  

Normally on soaps, a woman is preggers for like 5 minutes, Nelle has been preggers for what seems like eternity!!  

So now not only do PC characters return from the dead. Now they can return minus a brain???? We saw the surgery. Whose brain was that being removed then?

Honored Contributor

@WildDunes  I wonder how long we're going to have to wait til she leaves?

Now she and Michael are getting married?  So these writers were writing for Dante to be big brother and work toward to exposing Nell and suddenly.....he's leaving?  

I think the days of soap stars staying on a show for a long time are gone.

These young(er) actors always think they'll be the one(s) to break into night time TV.

I think often reality sets in and they find it isn't as easy as they thought!  (Ask the actress who many of us know as Chloe).

I still look forward more these days to watching General Hospital than I do to watching Y&R or B&B.

The actor known as Jason has one facial expression....that's it.  Even when he was on Y&R....same facial expression....(one of 'I know nothin').