Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ July 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

@Tique wrote:

@Zernia Rose  posted this yesterday on the June thread. I wanted it here because it is a great post and one that deserves to be read. Hopefully it will generate some thoughts and maybe some comments. Btw I did get her permission first. Probably should have told her I only ask once. 😊

@Zernia Rose wrote:

@DLew  Soaps have always dealt with "social issues."  Think about issues such as pregnancy termination, drugs, prostituition, adultery, homelessness, unemployment, AIDs, and on and on that have been major plots, e.g Karen as a housewife prostitute on One Life to Live, pimps and prostitutes on All My Children, drug addiction on General Hospital along with physical abuse among teens.  Perhaps it's the focus of the current social issue that bothers you.

The relationships among Jason, Sonny, and Carly have always been one-sided and required Jason to sacrifice too much for two of the most selfish characters. Britt brings out  feelings and actions in Jason such as joy, laughter, tenderness, and caring in a way that makes him vulnerable and less robotic.  Perhaps the only couple with a chance for happiness, at least for a while, might be Brando and Sasha.

All right. I'll bite. I saw this posted the first time and elected not to engage, but since it's here again, let me just say with respect to Alexis and her jailhouse rock, it isn't the content, per se, that rankles. For me, it's two things. First, for the past year we've been literally bombarded with related issues by every single conceivable entity and form of media in existence. Important issues, yes, but everyone has a saturation point and some folks, me included, have reached theirs, thus making further agenda-driven efforts, to some extent, counter productive. The second issue is the timing. Also for over a year now, our lives have been turned upside down and inside out by the pandemic and everything associated with it, and, by the way, it's not over. Now more than ever I'm seeking distraction and escape from the soaps, not deep meaning. I'm simply not interested in being preached to or further bludgeoned with social relevance. Yes, soaps have often tackled 'meaningful' issues of all sorts but, for me anyway, now is just not the time.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Thanks for biting @stevieb. Last year I posted an article that was speculating on whether GH should include the pandemic in their story arc when they returned. I asked how everyone would feel about that. I expected the unanimous response would be no one would want it. While most did feel that way there were a few who offered a different perspective stating this would be one way to keep the actors safe and since GH was supposed to be a show which focused on a hospital they would be okay with it. Fortunately that didin't materialize.

I like including relevant issues but no, I don't want to be preached to and I don't want a plethora of issues going on simultaneously.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Stories to wind up:

-Even though just begun, let's stop the Jason/Carly marriage before it begins. Just a bad bad bad storyline.

-Nina/Sonny. Please, please, please, end our misery with this one.

-Michael/Willow/Chase

-Maxie/BLQ baby drama. I feel for Valentin when he finds out the baby is not his. Hope this storyline ends soon rather than have him think the baby is his for months/years.

-Also a new storyline, but I'd like both Austin (never to return) and his storyline to go - now.

-There are others, but I'll start with the above.

Between Britt and Terry, I hope it's Brit for Chief of Staff. With all that she has experienced that last several months and without Cyrus as her boss, I think she'll do a great job as an administrator. I recognize that there is the health issue, but they can work around that. But just for fun, how about Dr. Obrecht!

Thank you @Tique and congrats on 3 years. I appreciate all  your hard work on this forum's behalf. You really do a terrific job.

Happy birthday to all the July babies. 

Honored Contributor

Have A Great Weekend - GIFcen

After today some of you won't be checking in until Tuesday. Wishing All a fun, safe, and happy holiday weekend for you and yours.

Happy 4th of July Greetings 2021 | Fourth of July Wishes Images Sayings

~~~ GH  will be airing a new show on Monday.~~~

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

I will be out for the next week as my "surrogate" kids are coming to town.  Our best friends lived three doors down for 20 yrs, we watched their kids grow into full adults.  They had to move to Dallas for his job, but we have stayed very close even though they moved 5yrs ago.  I never had children, by choice, and other than our neices and nephews, these are the closest to my own kids.  Ever.

Any way, first off, Happy Birthday @Tique .  You know you are one of my favorite hosts on these boards (along with @dmod nj ) and you and @Preds  welcomed me with open arms evern before you starting running this thread.  I wish you the best of birthdays and a great year!  I hope you are able to do something that brings you joy to celebrate

Also, thank you from the bottom of my heart for being our leader, our guide and one dang great host!!!

Everyone have a safe holiday!  If you need bail, just let me know!!!  (But only if it us befire 9:00 as that is my bedtime!)

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

Remember when I said earlier in the thread that my DVR was skipping over episode 189?  Well it didn't tape yesterday.  And of course it wasn't On Demand by 9:00 last night so I haven't watched. 

It was showing on my DVR to tape yesterday but when the time came, I guess it got thrown off because it was showing Epi 190 to record and what aired was Epi 189. 

Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

I will be out for the next week as my "surrogate" kids are coming to town.  Our best friends lived three doors down for 20 yrs, we watched their kids grow into full adults.  They had to move to Dallas for his job, but we have stayed very close even though they moved 5yrs ago.  I never had children, by choice, and other than our neices and nephews, these are the closest to my own kids.  Ever.

Any way, first off, Happy Birthday @Tique .  You know you are one of my favorite hosts on these boards (along with @dmod nj ) and you and @Preds  welcomed me with open arms evern before you starting running this thread.  I wish you the best of birthdays and a great year!  I hope you are able to do something that brings you joy to celebrate

Also, thank you from the bottom of my heart for being our leader, our guide and one dang great host!!!

Everyone have a safe holiday!  If you need bail, just let me know!!!  (But only if it us befire 9:00 as that is my bedtime!)

@redwingsgal enjoy your visit with your dear friends and kids!!  No matter how old they get, they are always still kids to us.  

I hope this get together is everything you want it to be.  

Heart

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

Prayers for everyone dealing with a health issue for themselves or their family. I wish the best for all.

I have a close friend who found out he had colon cancer more than a year ago and it has also affected his liver. He's been battling on with great doctors. He is a young (40ish) with 3 young boys. If you wouldn't mind adding him to any prayers or just positive thoughts, it would be appreciated.

@GinaV24 

Prayers will be said for him,his family and you as a friendHeart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique  And all... I've been having a lot of trouble signing in and using the forums today. I've had to install another browser, which is cumbersome and
that I don't like using just to post here. For now, I'll probably be taking a bit of a break, hoping that the glliches clear up. Other than the usual suggestions to delete history and so on, I've recevived no help from QVC, as they are insisting the problem is at my end. I suppose it's possible, but given their track record, not to mention the number of others having similar problems, I tend to doubt it. Hoping to rejoin everyone soon but at this point, its just not worth the effort. Have a great holiday all...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

Can you reset GH on yourDVR  to tape all GH shows?

I once set mine to Monday-Friday..and it missed some shows that were from day before.not shown for some reasons.

I reset DVR..but if thy replay show during late night/early mornings..i have to reset my DVR  for new time!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."