Respected Contributor

Re: General Hospital šŸ„ December 2023 - Spoilers Included!

@Laura14 Merci beau coup.  

Honored Contributor

General Hospital Recap Highlights @mysoutherncomfort 

A Harsh Reality Check

Laura (Genie Francis) got the lowdown on Austinā€™s case from Dante (Dominic Zamprogna). The investigation was moving much too slowly for her taste. Dante was quick to remind her this wasnā€™t their jurisdiction. He was doing what he could in Port Charles while working with the Pawtucket police. 

He did offer up all he knew so far, though. Austin was shot twice in the chest in a home he owned. Also, there was a short list of suspects in town ā€” including Lauraā€™s very own brother! 

Laura wasnā€™t too keen on the idea that Cyrus (Jeff Kober) was involved and Dante laid it all out. Austin testified for the baddie at his trial and was the main reason Cyrus was out of the slammer. Laura got more and more upset as the pieces fell into place and she realized this crime was right up her siblingā€™s alley. She vowed to make Cyrus pay if it was true.

Holiday Cheerā€¦And Gloom

It was Christmas tree shopping day for the Ashford family. Curtis (Donnell Turner), Marshall (Robert Gossett), and Trina (Tabyana Ali) went to pick the perfect evergreen. Trina was all about getting a small one (clearly for Curtisā€™s sake) but he wasnā€™t having it. He wanted a big tree. And, he got his wish when they found the one they wanted. No sooner did they claim their prize than Trina got a text and took off. 

Trina got to Spencerā€™s to hug him and offered her support. He had just spent his day saying goodbye to Ace. Esme moved out on her own and Spencer was upset. So much so, that he nearly cried when he cuddled Ace to say goodbye. 

Trina reminded Spencer that Esme and Ace would still be around. And, that he would for sure still see the baby. Plus, they are siblings. They would always have a bond. 

Also at the tree farm were Liz (Rebecca Herbst) and Jake (Hudson West). Their shopping was a little less joyful, though. Jake realized his mom wasnā€™t acting like herself and Liz admitted she wasnā€™t. She was worried about Finn (Michael Easton). 

Jake also said he didnā€™t feel great either. He wasnā€™t sure where he stood with Charlotte (Scarlett Fernandez), and the shooting scared him. So much so, that heā€™s joined a group to get more involved in fighting gun violence. 

Stressful Times

Meanwhile, over at Deception, Maxie (Kirsten Storms) told Sasha (Sofia Mattsson) and Cody (Josh Bell) about their next shoot. It was going to be in a romantic setting and sure to wow their audience. Who doesnā€™t like a little romance, right? 

The meeting was cut short when Felicia (Kristina Wagner) came in. James was sick and the school had been trying to call. No worries, though, she and Liesl (Kathleen Gati) were on it. Maxie allowed Cody and Sasha to take her next meeting and went home to her son. 

At the same time, Adam (Joshua Benard) showed up to Jossā€™s (Eden McCoy) room in a stressed-out state. The make-up test results were in and he was panicked. Joss calmed him down, looked them up, and gave him the good news that he got 97%.

Adamā€™s smile only lasted a mere minute, though. He called his dad and got slammed with questions about why he missed the test in the first place. Adam ended up lying and saying he was asked to help and take Joss to the hospital. Sorry, Dad.

Joss went off about the fib. How dare he bring her into his lies. Itā€™s time he stands up to his parents! Adam slinked away to take a pill while Joss tried to calm down with music. 

Esteemed Contributor

We all know where the brain trusts (and I use the term loosely) are going with Adam's story.  Unfortunately,  it is probably all too true that some parents are NEVER satisfied with anything their children accomplish.   I wish they weren't going there around the holidays.  Maybe Adam will again be alone and Joss will invite him home.  Who knows what could go wrong.

How long are Chase and Brooklyn supposed to hang out in the Q kitchen while her parents are in the next room????  C'mon, writers......move it.

I thought Laura questioning Dante about a case out of her jurisdiction was ridiculous.   Since she is a mayor, why not call her counterpart in wherever.   And, isn't it time for Jirdan to decide which job she wants??  If she's Deputy Mayor why is she still so involved in police business???

So much about Spencer being Ace's big brother, yada, yada.  The other shoe is going to drop; my guess is that either Spencer us the daddy or no relation at all.  Not sure where the writers are going with this.  Either way, another messy and unnecessary story.

Respected Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

@Laura14. I also am very offended by the Catholic Church references!  There are any number of people, from various religions, who don't accept same sex couples.  To single out the Catholic religion in that way is unacceptable. And, I have let ABC Daytime know my feelings.

As far as the s/l goes, of course their relationship will have consequences for the surrogacy.  Imo, Molly is about as mature as a 14 year old.  

Preach, @grandma r .  I could not agree more!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Newsflash ABC:

The Vatican is officially not fond of same sex relationships. Most Catholics and several of our parishes in this country support the LGBT community, fully.

This stereotype that we are homophobic is outdated and offensive. My sister and, especially her wife, are the best people that have ever happened to me and they are fully welcome in the Church. Stop sowing dissent and hatred with your platform. It's enough. 

There are a lot of people, in many denominations and none at all, who choose ignorance over getting to know their fellow human beings in all the orientations we come in. A simple, generic, my family is not accepting would have worked just fine without narrowing and implicating an entire group of people with false information. 

Sorry guys, but this one really offended me. I have had a really stressful day and this was a bad episode. I'm tired of us and this world being ripped apart because of lazy writing like this. 

The soaps used to know what the heck they were writing about instead of relying on dated narratives. Let's get back to that. As a fellow writer, I am doubly offended. Research is not that hard these days. Talk to a Catholic. Most of us live in the 21st century quite well among our fellow humans, straight and otherwise. 

Stepping off my soapbox now...

AMEN!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

Quick Take withā€¦

Amanda Setton (Brook Lynn, GENERAL HOSPITAL)

Setton

ABC

So, this has been a big week for ā€œChalynnā€ fans, as Brook Lynn accepted Chaseā€™s marriage proposal! The engagement arc began, though, with Brook Lynnā€™s grandmother, Gloria, putting some pressure on Chase to pop the question, much to Brook Lynnā€™s embarrassment. 

"Oh, she was mortified! She was annoyed, embarrassed, humiliated. I think that was coming from is that Brook Lynn and Chase were in such a good place and she didnā€™t want anything to ruin that. Thatā€™s why she apologized to him; she didnā€™t want her over the top, intrusive, loud family pressuring him to take things to the next level when she was more than happy and grateful for where they are in their relationship. So, when he did propose, at first she was thinking, ā€˜You donā€™t have to do this.ā€™ She really thinks itā€™s because he was pressured into it by her family. But then, of course, we learn that thatā€™s not the case, and when he showed her the ring, it was the last thing she was expecting! But it proves to her that heā€™d planned this all along.ā€

Can you put into words what you think Brook Lynn was flooded with when that ring was slipped onto her finger? ā€œUtter euphoria. Genuine gratitude. Sheā€™s pinching herself! Sheā€™s got the man of her dreams and the love of her life and the stars are finally aligned for her. And not only is it her first love, but itā€™s a real love, an authentic love. She can be herself with him.ā€

What was it like to work on these scenes with Josh Swickard (Chase)? I imagine you both sensed how important they would be to fans and so you wanted to nail them. ā€œExactly. We were excited that our characters were finally getting a payoff for their love and their connection. I mean, itā€™s been four years of building [the relationship], essentially since Brook Lynn broke the bottle over Chaseā€™s head. Itā€™s been a lot of push and pull and a lot of missed opportunities ā€” him thinking one thing and her thinking another and the two of them just missing each other. So, to finally be together, to be on the same, and to both want to take it to the next level, it was really rewarding for us as actors to see that for our characters. And yes, we wanted them good! We wanted to make them grounded and believable and also like a real fantasy, which Brook Lynn keeps referring to it as. She keeps saying, like, ā€˜Dreams do come true, fantasies do come true.ā€™ She says that a bunch after they get engaged, which is quite sweet.ā€

On a scale of one to 10 ā€” one being super-chill, 10 being totally over the top ā€” how much of a Bridezilla do you imagine that Brook Lynn might be? ā€œVery interesting! I think originally we think that sheā€™s going to be a 10 ā€¦ but then something changes.ā€

Youā€™ve been a soap bride before, when your ONE LIFE TO LIVE character, Kimberly, wed Clint, but they didnā€™t marry for love like Brook Lynn and Chase are poised to do. Are you excited for your first proper storybook soap opera wedding? ā€œI am so excited! I canā€™t wait. Honestly, I truly canā€™t wait for these two characters to hopefully have that moment together of affirming their love in front of their loved ones who means so much to them. I mean, weā€™ve seen Brook Lynn with her father over the years and with her grandmother Tracy and with cousins and stepparents and stepbrothers ā€” sheā€™s such a Quartermaine, and the Quartermaine family is such a pillar in the landscape of Port Charles. So, to see a daughter of theirs getting married to another pillar in the community, a police detective, and to see these two families coming together, I think itā€™s really beautiful. It doesnā€™t feel like, you know, two random strangers! It feels like a wedding between them would be two really embedded characters in this landscape who are coming together, and Iā€™m excited for them.ā€

When youā€™re a fan of a soap couple, milestone moments like an engagement mean so much. There are a lot of happy ā€œChalynnā€ fans right about now! What is your message to them on this occasion? ā€œWell, first, Iā€™m just so grateful to them for watching and for their support and for them supporting Josh and me with this storyline. Iā€™m so grateful to them for bearing with us all these years and waiting for, hopefully, the payoff that I think is finally here! And I hope they they continue to watch and support us and support the show.ā€

Respected Contributor

@BeckiWV wrote:

Hopefully, the identification of Mr. Brennan as the head of the WSB/Pikeman will finally move this story along, though it will likely take until February sweeps (surely February has to be better than November was, lol), or even longer šŸ˜± for it to complete.

I don't like Mr. Brennan as a character, but actor is good. He looks a little like Barney Miller (Hal Linden) to me lol. Not a bad thing, I loved that show. It gave us Max Gail. 

I was hoping for more fireworks with Cyrus and Ava, but it was still a good scene. Go Ava!  I liked the scene with Laura too. I agree with @mysoutherncomfort, Laura is going to invite him to Christmas if Cyrus successfully "snows" her lol ā„ļø

(Edited for spelling)

@BeckiWV   Yes he does have the Hal Linden look going on.  And you are right, it's not a bad thing.  LOL. The silvery gray hair with the dark mustache look.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

Are we liking Scotty with the mustache? I know it's supposed to be a goatee, but it's more mustache to me. I like him better clean shaven.

Lucy actually suggested Golden Bachelor. Shameless plug but I would pay real money to see KS on that show in character. I might watch it for the first time ever. Could be more compelling than this one.

GH is really getting their money's worth out of the tree lot. Everyone must drive station wagons in PC.

And obviously Selena is on her way to PC. This is why we don't give characters the same name. Ms. Wu is not going to be happy. 

And Alexis is going to get her wings and her law license back.

And the ghosts are out already! Get the sheets out!

I guess Brookie is still gazing at her ring. Chase has been down on one knee as long as Austin was bleeding out by now. 

Can we have Carly blow this guy out of the water and move on? 

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Are we liking Scotty with the mustache? I know it's supposed to be a goatee, but it's more mustache to me. I like him better clean shaven. I like ALL males on the show clean shaven.  Really Scotty, hitting on Lucy yet again?

Lucy actually suggested Golden Bachelor. Shameless plug but I would pay real money to see KS on that show in character. I might watch it for the first time ever. Could be more compelling than this one. Me too IF KS were the Golden Bachelor which I never watched or for that matter any bachelor or bachelorette.

GH is really getting their money's worth out of the tree lot. Everyone must drive station wagons in PC. Or at least SUV's.  This seems to be the tree lot to see and be seen.

And obviously Selena is on her way to PC. This is why we don't give characters the same name. Ms. Wu is not going to be happy. Oh silly...Selena is in Florida saving the Manatee's; she certainly wouldn't visit upstate NY during inclimate weather.  LOL  Personally, I think she will stay in Florida with her friends; another "snow bird"!!

And Alexis is going to get her wings and her law license back. Agree that something seems to be "afoot" what with all the talk about how Alexis misses being a lawyer, etc.  May be about time to petition the NY Bar to reinstate her as a lawyer.

And the ghosts are out already! Get the sheets out! Hmmm, Marshall having a confab with his late, departed Irene.  Irene gave him very good advise...live in the present... you can't undo the past.

I guess Brookie is still gazing at her ring. Chase has been down on one knee as long as Austin was bleeding out by now.  So glad Chase is still young enough where being on one knee does not evoke an "arthritic" flareup.  Give it time.  You would think that BLQ accepting his proposal and ring with joyful, loud glee would tip off Lois/Ned in the other room as to "something is going on".  And what about dinner that Lois left them in charge while she went off to counsel Ned.

Can we have Carly blow this guy out of the water and move on?  Of course not, that would be logical and this is GH.  I suspect that eventually Carly will become suspicious of Brennan and her life will be in jepordy.  Personally, I would have thought Brennan would have initially asked for a Kelly's BLT (known nationally) rather than a burger.  Dang, where's Heather's input when it's needed?

Honored Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ Bengay to the rescue! Chase is going to be looking like ZZ Top by the time he gets up. 

And that's a great point! Not to mention it's winter and Kelly's famous chili should be all the rage.