Respected Contributor

Re: Frankie Valli, 89, gets married

@dimin wrote:

With 29 years difference, no applause from me.  

I doubt they give a rat's rear end what you think about it. The age difference is for them--not you--to concern themselves with. What's your problem with it? or is your nose out of joint because you didn't get invited to their nuptuals?

Anonymous

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

The world has gone crazy.

Ha! you should only be so lucky as to marry a nice, wealthy older man.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

At age 89, I am sure his choices of 89 year-old women is getting slim. I hope they are very happy together. I did see him also on a PBS concert and his voice sounds great, the only bow to age I noticed was he sat on a stool most of the time while singing and didn't seem to have quite the dance moves as before...he is still fabulous! 

Respected Contributor

That phot is four years old. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This past Feb. for my semi-annual physical with my fortyish female Dr. she and I talked a bit about "walking hand in hand again with someone"  I looked at her and said Dr. C., it would be with someone my age or older, (60+) can you imagine eww....?  She just laughed.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Jackie Jacobs is 60, not pregnant, educated, and has done very well career wise especially as a Director of Marketing in the entertainment field.

They also dated for 8 years before getting married so this is not an impulsive relationship.

I think they look great together.👍

And at least Frankie knows how to shave and comb his hair.🤪

@Cakers3 

I'm surprised at how many think their ages are a key determination as to whether the marriage is right or not. 

I wouldn't call her a spring chicken. 

Truth is, she could die before he does!  

Respected Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

@chrystaltree @SharkE wrote:

"@dimin wrote:

She got tired of waiting for her SS.

Bet his kids are screaming bloody murder.

Exactly right.  He only has a few years left and this protects her financially after he passes."

Not necessarily.  Jerry Hall married Rupert Murdoch when he was in his 80's.  After six years of marriage she divorced him.  At the tender age of 92 he is engaged again.  

@lgfan  The story is is that Rupert is the one who divorced Jerry and notified her by email of his intention to do so!  That she was taken completely by surpise.  I think the email went something like, hey jerry, we've had a good run, had some fun, but I've got other things to do with my life!   Attorneys will be in touch.  Then he was instantly engaged to someone else but abruptly called off that engagement when she tweeted or posted support for some person or cause he didn't support.  

Honored Contributor

@moonandthestars wrote:

@lgfan wrote:

@chrystaltree @SharkE wrote:

"@dimin wrote:

She got tired of waiting for her SS.

Bet his kids are screaming bloody murder.

Exactly right.  He only has a few years left and this protects her financially after he passes."

Not necessarily.  Jerry Hall married Rupert Murdoch when he was in his 80's.  After six years of marriage she divorced him.  At the tender age of 92 he is engaged again.  

@lgfan  The story is is that Rupert is the one who divorced Jerry and notified her by email of his intention to do so!  That she was taken completely by surpise.  I think the email went something like, hey jerry, we've had a good run, had some fun, but I've got other things to do with my life!   Attorneys will be in touch.  Then he was instantly engaged to someone else but abruptly called off that engagement when she tweeted or posted support for some person or cause he didn't support.  

@moonandthestars 

"The story is ..." is what you consider to be ... reliable? 

What was the actual source?  

Respected Contributor

I'm sure the marriage had a lot to do with legal stuff at his age.  Power of attorney, end of life decisions, etc.