Honored Contributor

Former Bachelor Contestant Dies - Suicide

Trusted Contributor

Re: Former Bachelor Contestant Dies - Suicide

So sad for her family and friends.  I do wonder though about the overall self esteem and mental health of a lot of the folks who participate in this type of so called "reality" show.  

Respected Contributor

Another girl (Gia ?) from the same season also committed suicide by hanging herself.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There seems to be an alarming rate of deaths in relation to reality shows. I also think that these contestants have mental issues. Who else would want to air their dirty Landry on national TV? The way many of them come apart emotionally you know there are mental issues.  This Alexa was so beautiful....such a shame and loss.

Honored Contributor

As a Bachelor series watcher, I don't remember her. She was on 6 years ago, and she was eliminated the first night, according to the article. I've heard these girls (and guys) go through extensive psychological testing before they appear on the show. They also have a psychologist available during filming. Her family said she suffered from depression and bipolar disorder. Who knows if her appearing on the show had anything to do with this? 

Nevertheless I am thinking of her family and friends and the cast and staff of the show who got to know her. It's a tragic loss. 

Honored Contributor

That's strange.  Someone should look into that.  So she was doing better and then she died in the hospital?  

We have had suicides in our family and I can tell you they come out of nowhere.  You might think you have an idea but no.

It's so devestating to everyone.  So young and so much life yet to live.