Honored Contributor

Thanks for mentioning. I will have to check it out.

My fondest Flinstone memory - On Friday nights my Dad and I went out and did the big grocery shopping. And since it was my Dad and I, we could always add items to my Mom's grocery list. SO my Dad would always buy Hires root beer and vanilla ice cream.

We would get home in time to make root beer floats and my Dad would pop a big bowl of popcorn. And we would watch the Flintstones. 

Honored Contributor

Sweet memories @drizzellla . My DH knows we will be switching our supper time if he wants to watch the local news during the Flintstones hour because I'll be watching the bedroom TV!

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Thanks for mentioning. I will have to check it out.

My fondest Flinstone memory - On Friday nights my Dad and I went out and did the big grocery shopping. And since it was my Dad and I, we could always add items to my Mom's grocery list. SO my Dad would always buy Hires root beer and vanilla ice cream.

We would get home in time to make root beer floats and my Dad would pop a big bowl of popcorn. And we would watch the Flintstones. 

How sweetSmiley Happy

Contributor

I wish my grandsons would watch. They’re 6,13 & 15. 

The cartoons today are so stupid. 

Sadly they don’t know cowboys and Indians, GI Joe, etc. 

Esteemed Contributor

I was just remembering the time pebbles and bam bam sang the song "Let the sunshine in "!I always thought that was the cutest little song . So let the sun shine in ,  face it with a grin .....

Honored Contributor

REMINDER

tonight at 6pm et!

ME TV

yabba dabba doooooooooo

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I'm glad that are starting with S01, E01.   I hope they keep it in order like that.

E01 and E02 are airing first and I have them scheduled to record.  I have not seen this show in decades so, while I remember the characters basically, I don't remember much more.  It wil be fun to watch again!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

i am getting old......

i totally did not remember that music and opening sequence.

maybe it was just from season one?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

Re: Flintstones

[ Edited ]

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@catter70 wrote:

Yup, I'm an old lady. If you grew up in the 50's/60's one of my fave shows was the Flintstones. METV is going to start airing that cartoon starting Mon. Sept. 30 at 6 p.m. and also will be showing on Sun's at 10 a.m.

I am right there with you lol.  I was so happy to hear that Flintstones were back yipeeee.  I remember when they changed Barneys voice and I was not happy lol.  I really enjoy the Flintstones.  

We may have been kids, but we know when a voice is changed. LOL. They did the same thing with a character on Jonny Quest. I think it was his dad. BTW, Flinstones are also available on Boomerang if you have it.

Honored Contributor

Were those pilot episodes last night? The song wasn't the one we all remember.