Esteemed Contributor

Re: Finally a My 600 lb Life with a little hope...

I didn't think the mother was all that bad.  

Honored Contributor

Other than being fat and out of shape, DL looked normal.  Not grotesque like most over 600 lbs.  Does anybody know what that is what some get that extreme fat in both or one leg, feet or abdomen?  On lady had it on the inner thigh which is really inconvenient for cleaning.  Yet they still keep eating.  I'm surprised Dr. Now doesn't send them for therapy first off since it's obvious that if they could stop eating they would have already done that.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Citrine1wrote:

I didn't think the mother was all that bad.  

I have no patience with anyone who brags about "all they do for someone" or that they "are the only one who does everything for everyone."

I have no patience for "poor me." None at all.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch this show but happened on one episode about a woman trying to travel to Texas to see a doctor. Anyone know what happened to her. I think her name may have been Janet, maybe not. Anyway, I was unimpressed with that Texas doctor.

It seems something more than a diet could be done. What about liposuction?

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxiewrote:

Other than being fat and out of shape, DL looked normal.  Not grotesque like most over 600 lbs.  Does anybody know what that is what some get that extreme fat in both or one leg, feet or abdomen?  On lady had it on the inner thigh which is really inconvenient for cleaning.  Yet they still keep eating.  I'm surprised Dr. Now doesn't send them for therapy first off since it's obvious that if they could stop eating they would have already done that.

Mmsfoxxie 

I think I heard on a recent show, someone was talking about the different shapes. And they said that sometimes the body doesn't know where to store all the fat. And it will grow in all kinds of different spots. I don't understand it either. But one lady seemed to have wings of fat. I thought maybe she sat all the time, so her weight pushed the fat out.

I guess the body is designed to store fat in the belly and then spread it around. But it gets to a certain point that it just doesn't know what to do. The blueprint was not made for so many fat deposits.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrainwrote:

I don't watch this show but happened on one episode about a woman trying to travel to Texas to see a doctor. Anyone know what happened to her. I think her name may have been Janet, maybe not. Anyway, I was unimpressed with that Texas doctor.

They're going for long term success in this show.  The dieting shrinks their organs so the surgery is safer, and gives the doctor an idea of how well the patient will follow the rules after surgery.  He wants to see some dedication before the actual surgery.  As for lipo; not even an option at their beginning weights.  He eventually does skin removal when they have lost enough weight, but lipo is cosmetic (skin removal in these cases is not strictly cosmetic; it helps them be more mobile) thus not part of this show.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrainwrote:

@occasionalrain  Liposuction is for someone who has just a little excess weight, like maybe 20 lbs. and needs to firm up.  Anyone who weighs 600 lbs. needs therapy and gastric bypass surgery.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure LB's weight loss was just as difficult as so many others we see, but they didn't show very many setbacks. 

He was only 29 and was more dedicated than most. Actually, he didn't have much choice. He would have been bedridden if he didn't lose weight, b/c they couldn't make a prosthesis big enough. 

I was happy for him and wish him luck. Hope he goes into his dad's business and finds himself a lovely girl. 

I was thrilled to see him running. It must have been exhilarating for him!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxiewrote:

@Mmsfoxxie

The guy, L.B., was over 6 feet tall and that's why he didn't look enormous like most do. My son kept saying that he is not over 600lbs. They did say his height when he was talking about getting on the plane at the airport. He said he must look like a freak, a bald giant guy without a foot that everybody was staring at.

He was lucky that he did not have any lympedema which is the giant growth hanging on the legs that we see some of the obese deal with.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I just watched this morning.  This was definately one of the best episodes.   I guess drama sells and that's why most of them are full of drama, but it's not my thing.  I'd like to see the person asking for help REALLY wanting/needing the help AND willing to do their part as well.