Trusted Contributor
The US figure skating nationals starts today. I have always been a huge fan of figure skating and I know that at one time there were others on here that enjoyed it. it will be airing on NBC and Peacock. Another thing that I am excited about is that Jason Brown is going to compete again - no chance of him winning but I love watching him skate. Anybody remember Riverdance? I watch it on YouTube quite often.
Respected Contributor

Thank you for the reminder. I enjoying watching even though I do not know how to skate. It is a pleasure to watch dedicated skilled athletes perform.

Trusted Contributor

I always enjoyed watching figure skating through the years.I would tell myself if I had another life,that is what I would do!

Respected Contributor

@On It   That makes two of us then lol.  I don't know how to skate either, but I do know joy watching.  Such a graceful sport.

Respected Contributor

Check USA for today's coverage (Thursday, Jan 25) which begins at 1:00 Central time. Three different segments will be shown throughout the afternoon and evening. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Figure Skating

[ Edited ]

@sabra!

I'll be watching but I wouldn't have known unless you posted it,

so thank you!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I'm enjoying it now on the USA channel.

Honored Contributor

Re: Figure Skating

[ Edited ]

@sabra,

I can't believe I missed that Riverdance!

His spins, even his jumps are so beautiful. Not just for the technique of it all but for the beauty. That was one of the most wonderful programs I've seen in all these years. One to remember and gave me chills.

So what skating should be.

Thank you so much!

When I was really young we had skating lessons and a group from Girl Scouts actually.

I wanted to be a skater and did for years for just enjoyment. It was too expensive to have lessons for me.

But then again when I thought about it, I don't think I could dedicate a lot of my life soley to that one thing. Whether gymnastics, ice skating, or one thing. Too interested in so many things.

And if I had dedicated to one thing I would only want to be the best!

And would be disappointed if I couldn't be! yeah, "Go big or go home!" for meWoman LOL

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor
@ on the bay. I used to skate for fun in my 20s and loved it but did not pursue it any further. My son followed in my footsteps and has done really well for himself In the skating realm. Took him a long time but I’m very proud of him.
I can’t believe you missed Riverdance. When I think back on my favorites Riverdance is one of them and the other one is when Torvil and Dean skated to Bolero.
Honored Contributor

That is so exciting for your son @sabra!

Yes, Torvil and Dean and Bolero-nothing has ever topped that for dance!