Honored Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

It took me a while, but I got used to the new cast.  I love Father Brown.  Do not miss Bunty at all.  I do miss Sid and Lady Felicia.  Thank heaven they got rid of Inspector Mallory, his character was beyond obnoxious.

I hated the Inspector Mallory character.  It was over played and wrong for the show.

Esteemed Contributor
Love Father Brown. I got used to Mrs Divine & like her but the maid character doesn’t seem to do any cooking or cleaning, I’ve not warmed to her.

Couldn’t get into Sr Bonifice. I love Death In Paradise & hope it goes on for many years.
Esteemed Contributor

In the 1st episode of this new season Father Brown said Mrs McCarthy went back to Ireland to help her sister.  That episode went on to show him hiring a new parish secretary.  Brenda was on a prior season as a troubled teen in a girls home that Bunty took under her wing.  Bringing back Inspector Sullivan is still a question mark for me.  I thought he was better previously in the role.  Now it seems that he's just a prop for a romance with Mrs Devine.

Mrs M did have a role in River, but, only a minor part.  Lady Felicia moved on to a series on BritBox with Roger Allum (Inspector Thursday on Endeavor).  I haven't seen Bunty or Sid on any other series.  Good riddance to Inspector Mallory!!  That character was a buffoon. 

Side note....Mrs Devine's car, Hercules,  has been in a number of other shows.  Seen last night on an episode of Poirot.

Trusted Contributor

Chrystaltree.... he sure did! 

Trusted Contributor

Stray, that annoys me to no end that there's nothing domesticated about the house keeper. I haven't warmed up to her either. 

Trusted Contributor

Grandma R, I agree with what you said about inspector Sullivan.... he just seems to have a prop up role. He's a good actor. I wish they'd let him show that. I loved the series with Lady Felicia and Roger Allen ( he's one of my favorite British actors ).. loved it. I'm drawing  a blank on the name of it .... 🥲

Trusted Contributor
I got used to the new cast. I especially like “Brenda Palmer” she has quite a personality. I’m having trouble getting used to Mrs. Divine. I find her appearance distracting. I’m not a fan of any one who has hair so yellow it resembles a baby chick.
Trusted Contributor

Magpie4, me either. LOL 

Honored Contributor

Re: Father Brown

[ Edited ]

@grandma r  And speaking of cars, Hercules is cute, but I miss Bunty's beautiful red convertible. Wishing today's cars had more style like older vehicles.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Babyfran wrote:

What do you think of the new cast in the latest Father Brown series? I personally don't think it's the same without Mrs. McCarthy. 😩😞

@Babyfran ...hey sweet friend.  I agree.  But, there is nothing else on tv, so I will continue to watch.  I see where Will in "Grantchester" series will also be replaced.  Oh goodness....oh well.  They better not replace anyone on "All Creatures Great and Small", lol.