👍🏾 FLASH ALERT: A Christmas Carol (1951) 👍🏾

FXM (FX movie channel)

Today (12/24/2020)

2:00p EST

7:50p EST

Christmas Day (morning)

1:10a EST

Starring:  Alastair Sim

"Ebenezer Scrooge, a curmudgeonly, miserly businessman, has no time for sentimentality and largely views Christmas as a waste of time. However, this Christmas Eve he will be visited by three spirits who will show him the errors of his ways"

This is the British version & the ONLY version I watch.

Well, the Mr Magoo version gets a pass from me. hidemf3.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: 👍🏾 FLASH ALERT: A Christmas Carol (1951) 👍🏾

@Mz iMac wrote:

FXM (FX movie channel)

Today (12/24/2020)

2:00p EST

7:50p EST

Christmas Day (morning)

1:10a EST

Starring:  Alastair Sim

"Ebenezer Scrooge, a curmudgeonly, miserly businessman, has no time for sentimentality and largely views Christmas as a waste of time. However, this Christmas Eve he will be visited by three spirits who will show him the errors of his ways"

This is the British version & the ONLY version I watch.

Well, the Mr Magoo version gets a pass from me. hidemf3.gif

This is exactly how I feel, I'll be watching. ! I love Alistair Sim. 🎄

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the reminder! This is the best version of "A Christmas Carol". Alistair Sim is perfect as Scrooge. Looking at the guide, FXM will be repeating this several times today and tomorrow. 

Respected Contributor

The Alistair Sim version is my favorite, too!!  But I also love the George C. Scott version...he did a fabulous job.  

Honored Contributor

this is my favorite version also!

i do have other ones that i enjoy though that come very close. i collect books about A CHRISTMAS CAROL and movies/shorts/animated versions. i have over 20 i believe. i highly recommend one that i remember from my childhood......the animated version that was released in 1971 and won an academy award. it also features the voice of alistair sim as scrooge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN6IMZFwY50

xfinity has a wonderful selection of A CHRISTMAS CAROL versions for free on on demand.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

THANK YOU for the reminder.  I like the version with Reginald Owen, but my brother prefers the one with Alistair Sim.  I can still remember the two of us sitting on the couch watching it when we were young.  Memories!  

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Super Contributor

YES yes yes--my absolute favorite--in fact it just got delivered yesterday from Best Buy--now I have  my own dvd--it is now in color--can't wait to watch it on Xmas day--merry xmas everybody!!-------------------

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac  I watch two, and only two versions every year.  This one with Alastair Sim is indeed my favorite.  But the campy 1938 version with Reginald Owen is also a favorite.

The reason I love the Reginald Owen version is for the supporting cast.  Gene and Kathleen Lockhart (and one of their real-life daughters, June, from Lost in Space fame) were absolutely stellar and so incredibly perfect.

Very different versions, but I love them both.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @Mz iMac --  I must tell hubby, a big "A Christmas Carol" fan!

Honored Contributor

The best CC is with George C. Scott.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man