Respected Contributor

Eric Carmen was lead singer of the Rasberries and was famous for hits Go all the Way, and All by Myself amongst others.   He died in his sleep,  he was 74.

God Speed Eric.  Thanks for the great music and the memories of my youth. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Eric Carmen has passed away

RIP Eric. I loved his songs with the Raspberries and, from Dirty Dancing, Hungry Eyes. 

Honored Contributor

He had some amazing songs and I loved his voice.  All these people that I really enjoyed from my youth passing away makes me feel really old!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sad to hear.  I didn't know much about him when my friend and  I saw him play with Ringo's All Starr band in 2000.  We were blown away by how talented he was.   I then learned that he had written some of the Shaun Cassidy songs I had loved as a kid.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Of course, I remember his solo song "Hungry Eyes" from Dirty Dancing, but I began as a sort of Raspberries fan in the 70's, even though the original band didn't last long.  I had a vast record collection, 45's and LP's. Anyone else remember the scented sticker on their first album?

IMG_3322.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Sad to hear, I remember his song, All By Myself, RIP Eric

Respected Contributor

So sad...  so young.  LOVED his voice with the Raspberries and his HUNGRY EYES.  Lots of great music.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

He had many great songs.  My favorite Make Me Lose Control.  I loved dancing to that song.

He was my age.  RIP.

Honored Contributor

My High School won a contest in 1974 for the Raspberries to come to the school for a concert.

It was fantastic...I still remember it well. It definitely was one of the highlights of my High School Years.

Honored Contributor

51 best images about Eric Carmen on Pinterest | The mid, Drummers and February 8

I was a fan of his music.  Great songs, good memories.

Godspeed.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~