Trusted Contributor

Let me say I am not a Dr Phil fan but there was nothing on and I watched it. I copied the link. He went to see who was having a problem communicating. The youngest daughter, 20, had not spoken to nor seen her father face to face in 5 years! The mother was a huge enabler. I though it was interesting. My daughter would have gotten away with that for a couple days then we would have talked it out. I would not have enabled her by bringing her meals to her room. Even her own Christmas tree at Christmas. The father was bully. Unreal. Anyone watch? 

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2021/08/18/dr-phil-house-calls-cbs-paramount-plus/

Honored Contributor

I got it taped will watch after while. I like him.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

that dog won't hunt

I like his expression 

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

that dog won't hunt

I like his expression 

@jackthebear He uses a lot of expressions from where I come from.  That's a good one.  "Ain't my deal" is a personal favorite with me. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

that dog won't hunt

I like his expression 

@jackthebear He uses a lot of expressions from where I come from.  That's a good one.  "Ain't my deal" is a personal favorite with me. 

I have enjoyed Dr Phil since the Oprah daysSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I like Dr Phil, but they moved his show from 4pm to 5pm where I live and that's not such a great time for me to watch him. 

I haven't seen this new show either, but maybe I'll look for it on Demand and see if they are running it.  How ridiculous for this girl to get meals served in her room and her own Holiday decor.  No, my mother NEVER in a million years would let me get away with such behavior.

The father must be terrible if this is the case.  However she is old enough to move out and start living her own life away from her parents.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

that dog won't hunt

I like his expression 

I like " you can make a pancake as thin as you can but it still has 2 sides"

and my personal favorite 

choose the behavior choose the consequences 

Honored Contributor

my favorite is 

"you can be happy alone or miserable together".

referring to a woman staying with a man who was a jerk.

Honored Contributor

Youll never convince me that these situation aren't made up, scripted, rehearsed and filmed.  I don't buy one minute of Dr. PHIL. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

and 

"do you want to be a right fighter"