Honored Contributor

If you've all seen the most recent Downton Abbey episode, you need to run, not walk, to the SusanBranch blog (just susanbranch with a .com) to read her summarization and look at the screen shots of the episode.  (She does one each week, but this week is exceptionally on point and extra witty.)

IMG_6007

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Susan Branch blog is very funny.  That black evening gown Mary is wearing is gorgeous beyond words.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach  Thanks!

Valued Contributor

It was indeed one of the most luxurious and gorgeous outfits. And I think the wardrobe dept. deserved extra credit for dressing Lady Mary as the wicked witch she was that episode. I loved that nod or touch of character enhancement done so naturally and glamorously. 

Ps) And, of course, the "witch" in Wicked Witch isn't always spelled with a "w", as Lady Mary's sister, Edith, made clear. lol

Honored Contributor

@Hooty I totally agree. He was terribly hurt that she didn't love him enough to think that he would accept Marigold or not. Either way, he deserved to be told-just not the way Mary told him. That was a scorcher. The evil sister. I know sisters do stuff like that when they're kids, but they're grown up now.

I never liked Lady Mary. Her voice grates on my nerves.She's a total snob. She actually DOES look down her nose at people. And as we see Anna dressing and undressing her (poor feeble Mary can't do it herself) where is her little boy? Seems like the only time she sees him is in the morning when he runs into the morning room with his nanny.

Honored Contributor

I think we are all hoping for a happy ending for Edith, but I can't help feeling that she continues to be a "poor-me" whiner.  It's an odd personality trait for someone who is running a newspaper.

Honored Contributor

That red coat was very pretty.

They all must wear a 0 and eat 200 calories a day.

Mrs. Patmore only one who is eating LOL

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I think we are all hoping for a happy ending for Edith, but I can't help feeling that she continues to be a "poor-me" whiner.  It's an odd personality trait for someone who is running a newspaper.

Gosh, I don't think so at all. I think she's done very well considering what she's had to contend with. (Mary) I don't see any self pity, really. She is what she is and accepts it.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

Lulu2,  I am coming along trying to get used to "my new normal".  Today is my birthday and a dozen of my friends threw me a surprise birthday luncheon.  It was so nice of them.

@KathyPet ((((((kathypet))))))) Happy (belated) Birthday!

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

At least Mary will leave Downton , now. Maybe Mary can inherit Barrows and take him away.

Why would she leave? Her son is the heir and she is running the estate. 

ITA she won't leave; her new husband will move in.