Honored Contributor

Re: Downton Abbey..how many more episodes?

Thanks Linders, I'll do that. I did manage to watch last Sunday's episode and the one before because they always show last weeks before the new show.

I would like to see the one I missed (I think I missed one).

Thanks for your help. I also have comcast.

Honored Contributor

It would have to be a 911 emergency for me to miss Downton Abbey on Sunday nights, LOL!

I think there are only 2 more episodes and then the Christmas show! It just seems to go by too fast!

I'm afraid to discuss things on this thread, so many of you don't watch on a regular basis, a lot happened Sunday night! I do enjoy the Downton Abbey Discussion Facebook page!

Super Contributor

On 2/17/2015 Hooty said:

It would have to be a 911 emergency for me to miss Downton Abbey on Sunday nights, LOL!

I think there are only 2 more episodes and then the Christmas show! It just seems to go by too fast!

I'm afraid to discuss things on this thread, so many of you don't watch on a regular basis, a lot happened Sunday night! I do enjoy the Downton Abbey Discussion Facebook page!

I hope it wasn't a **SPOILER*** when I posted that more shoes were polished Sunday Night.{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Super Contributor

On 2/4/2015 MarthaStewardess said:

I guess we don't have many episodes left of this season. A relative of mine in England told me that there will only be one more season of Downton Abbey. Such a pity, it's a fantastic show.

For the past few years there have been rumors that DA would end. Now it's after season 6. Actually it's all been based on JF mentioning that no show goes on forever. The producers recently said that it will run for about 10 seasons all told.

Honored Contributor

On 2/18/2015 BlueCollarBabe said:
On 2/4/2015 MarthaStewardess said:

I guess we don't have many episodes left of this season. A relative of mine in England told me that there will only be one more season of Downton Abbey. Such a pity, it's a fantastic show.

For the past few years there have been rumors that DA would end. Now it's after season 6. Actually it's all been based on JF mentioning that no show goes on forever. The producers recently said that it will run for about 10 seasons all told.

Really? ..... Season 6 is not the last season? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

I'm caught up. I don't know why I can't remember to DVR the thing.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/18/2015 Linders Back said:
On 2/17/2015 Hooty said:

I hope it wasn't a **SPOILER*** when I posted that more shoes were polished Sunday Night.{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Not at all -- if they're not polishing shoes, they're rinsing out blouses......

Candy

Honored Contributor

Well, I don't consider any of it (on any show) to be spoiling things for me. But I've said many times I like reading about shows ahead of time.

I think everyone here is very gracious about stating that it is a possible Spoiler.

I think everyone does an excellent job of telling ahead of time. Please don't stop posting spoilers, I like them.

Super Contributor

I'd hate to see it end after what seems like so few episodes.

"Upstairs, Downstairs", an earlier PBS series portraying the same time period (1903-1930) and themes, ran for 68 episodes divided into 5 series (1971-74). Most of the cast remained throughout and it was done with the same sets.

"Downton" must be very expensive to produce and it would be hard to keep the same cast when bigger and better projects call.

Honored Contributor

Hello Anglophilly, haven't seen you here before or not for awhile. Welcome. I agree with you. I also agree that it must be very expensive to produce.

I watched a special that came on before or after an episode of Downton Abbey. They have on set a man who watches everything done on the show to make sure it is EXACTLY accurate. The show showed how even the silverware is measured on the table like it was back then. The costumes are exactly accurate. The way they sit, etc.

It was amazing to sit and watch. I must have had my mouth open like WOW!! All of that costs a lot of money. Just renting the house they use must cost a large chunk of money. Then when you think of the cast! Anyway.....

I remember when Upstairs Downstairs was on although I never watched it.

Has anyone else seen it? Just curious.