Honored Contributor

Downton Abbey Revisited on Now 9:00PM EST

For those interested Downton Abbey Revisited is on now.  It's a recap of the first 5 seasons.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Downton Abbey Revisited on Now 9:00PM EST

I'm watching!  Amazing how I'd forgotten some of the story lines.  Something nice to look forward to after the holidays, but am still sad it's the last season.

Honored Contributor

I'm sad too but honestly, I guess with the changes taking place in the world and the way 'the upper crust' is losing their life-style, I guess it makes sense that it would end.

The show has  way of showing us history and what upper class people must do to change in the world.  If you think about it, it's the upper class who must make the changes.  The lower class goes upward and the upper class needs to adjust and some have to take a step back.

I think most people would like the life style to continue and history shows us that cannot happen if the show follows history.

Trusted Contributor

@susan kay wrote:

I'm watching!  Amazing how I'd forgotten some of the story lines.  Something nice to look forward to after the holidays, but am still sad it's the last season.

I agree and I'm sad that it won't go on forever! Absolutely love it!!

Trusted Contributor

I'm enjoying the recap apart from the presenter constantly referring to the Crowleys. It's the Crawleys! Why didn't someone correct her from the beginning?

Honored Contributor

It started here already ......   Thank goodness it's being run again at 12:30am !!

Honored Contributor

It's too bad it is ending and we don't get to see what happens to them when the depression comes and they really do go broke. I think Edith would do fine but Mary would lose it.

Honored Contributor

There must be another one ..... my DVR recorded Downton Abbey Rediscovered which originally aired on 11-2014 and recapped the first 4 seasons .....    I'll watch for the updated one.

Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

There must be another one ..... my DVR recorded Downton Abbey Rediscovered which originally aired on 11-2014 and recapped the first 4 seasons .....    I'll watch for the updated one.

Not a new one.  It's the one with Bernadette Peters that originally aired during last Fall's endless pledge drive.