Esteemed Contributor

Filming will begin in May.  Jim Carter who played Carson confirmed it and said this will definitely be the last movie.  Many of the original actors are returning.

I loved the show and movies, so looking forward to it.  After the last movie, I didn't think there would another one.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Downton Abbey 3 - New Movie

@twinsister I read that some days ago on the BEST DA FB ever which I've been on for quite some time.

Really looking forward to it and hope to see much more of Tom and Lucy. I just loved their story.

Respected Contributor

Yay! Happy this is coming...will be fun to see what's next for all the characters.

Honored Contributor

@amyb @twinsister  Happily Lord Merton will return!

Honored Contributor

Too little, too late.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner  Not in the opinion of literally hundreds of DA fans on FB.

Honored Contributor

So happy! Love Downton Abbey!

Honored Contributor

I'm excited to hear that!  I love Downton Abbey !!!  Looking forward to the new movie! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

Too little, too late.  

@Sooner 

The series had a good run, and then the actors all moved on. 

I would think the coordination needed to gather enough of the original actors would be tricky.  If actors have other contractual commitments and can't be there when DA wants to film, they'd miss out, and scenes would have to be re-worked for other characters.  

If DA wants as many original actors as possible, the only thing they can do is give them a lot of advance notice, maybe up to a year.  The hinting that this has "been in the works for a while" could be the reason.  Actors had to try to rearrange schedules.  Sort of like coordinating the best time for a family reunion.  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 Yes, you are correct, but I simply don't have any interest in any of it beyond what was done.  It will be nothing like the original series was and I can't imagine it not being a disappointment.