Trusted Contributor

Re: Dont look up! Great movie!

@Linda0215 wrote:

I put it on not knowing what I was in for.  I thought it was going to be your average, run of the mill sci-fi flick.  I quickly realized this is a wicked, wicked satire on where we are right now. It was funny, disturbing, and a wake up call.  Everything that science has predicted for the past 40 years is happening.  Dr. Mindy was right.  We really did have it all.  🥺

Isn't that the most horrifying realization? That we're being told? That in the end we knew?

I have a rollercoaster of feelings about this movie.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

From eminent climate scientist, Professor Michael E. Mann, as published in the Boston Globe 12/21/21:

609FB517-72FF-4C37-B1E8-B3148BCF403B.jpeg

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

@JamandBread wrote:

@Linda0215 wrote:

I put it on not knowing what I was in for.  I thought it was going to be your average, run of the mill sci-fi flick.  I quickly realized this is a wicked, wicked satire on where we are right now. It was funny, disturbing, and a wake up call.  Everything that science has predicted for the past 40 years is happening.  Dr. Mindy was right.  We really did have it all.  🥺

Isn't that the most horrifying realization? That we're being told? That in the end we knew?

I have a rollercoaster of feelings about this movie.

It is!  They're literally telling us we have ten years to get this right.  Ten years and we chose to stick our heads in the sand further.  I'm scared for our little ones.