Esteemed Contributor

Dont look up! Great movie!

[ Edited ]

The movie, "Don't Look Up," is newly available on netflix....and I highly recommend it! It is very timely and relevant while being funny and thought provoking. The cast of actors in it is super impressive, too! Meryl Street, Cate Blanchett, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence, etc. It will definitely leave you thinking........its one of the best movies I have seen in a while.... Google it if you want details about the plot.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dont look up! Great movie!

[ Edited ]

Completely agree, @Goldengate8361 

Unexpected laughs; unexpected cries, too.

6F662FC4-AA42-423F-B445-AA8726343261.jpeg

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

It’s not going to be for everyone, but I ended up liking it too. There’s two end credit scenes - one early on and one at the very end of credits. Both worth it (at least, they were for me.)
Respected Contributor

Odd man out here.  Didn't like it at all.  The jokes fell flat and I didn't like the dialog.

Maybe it got better but I turned it off 2/3 of the way through.  But that's just my opinion.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's a no for me too @Scooby Doo .  If you are of a particular persuasion you will like it....if not, you won't.  One man's "scientist" (science) is another man's fool.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the recommendation.  It sounds like a critique of science deniers.  I'll watch it, but can understand why it hits too close to home for some.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It definitely is a commentary reflecting attitudes today-denying science vs when it is advantageous to acknowledge it for political advantage etc.

I'm going to go from the theatrical observation.

I blame this on the director(s)!

What is with the loud realistic every day sounds that blur what the actors are saying? Loud music with some character mumbling in the back of the car-didn't hear him at all.

Loud chopping of carrots and clinking of plates and forks, clacking of heels on floors-stoopp! We get it there are real sounds, but they don't have to be magnified, trying to be oh so cool.

I don't like Jennifer Lawrence but she was ok in this, was glad Meryl Streep wasn't acting so Meryl Streep! Hated the fake midwestern? accent they made Dicaprio have.

As for the message, I think the real message was at the end-listen listen an appreciate what we have esp before we destroy it, including ourselves

And don't be arrogant. And, Don't make ignorant choices.

And despite some reviews saying otherwise, I thought Ariana Grande was refreshing in this movie.

And I applaud all of them for trying.

Maybe people will listen, but probably not.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

The cast of actors is enough to make me want to watch this movie - especially the talented Meryl Streep and Cate Blanchett.

Honored Contributor

Just Googled ----Hubbs will love this film!!!

Honored Contributor

I watched this lastnight.  My hubby loved it but I didn't care for it at all.