Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Like Spooky/ scary/ bloody Movies?

@LoriLori wrote:

I don't like zombies, cannibals or chain-saw killers but I love a great ghost movie like "The Innocents" and the original "Haunting" and "Poltergeist" and I love all of the Halloween series except the silly mask one, and the first few Friday the 13th's and Cabin Fever, The Conjuring 1 and 2, many more.

So:  yes!

Thats me to a tee,sister!đź‘»

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Only the well done Dracula movies.

I also liked the Kate Bosworth movies about vampires.

Honored Contributor

@lOVETOSHOP wrote:

I hate scary movies and especially anything bloody or gorey!

@Someone mentioned the movie "Burnt Offerings"... oh my gosh, I remember watching that as a teen years ago.  Yes, that was scary!  I'd love to see it again to see if it's as scary to me as an adult!

I can't even read scary books without feeling paranoid.  Years ago, I read the Amityville Horror.  It was night-time, my husband wasn't home and my young children were sleeping.  I couldn't bring myself to go downstairs into the cellar to put my laundry in the dryer...I was that scared!!!  Can you imagine if I ever saw "Psycho"?  Would my showering days be over?????

@lOVETOSHOP I am laughing reading your post, because my sister was that scared after watching the original 1st Halloween movie. She couldn't do laundry for a week because she was so scared about Michael Myers.....lol!!!!!  It's funny how you can get so scared from a movie. The Exorcist did it for me-scared me for months and months!! Won't ever watch that one again.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@lOVETOSHOP wrote:

I hate scary movies and especially anything bloody or gorey!

@Someone mentioned the movie "Burnt Offerings"... oh my gosh, I remember watching that as a teen years ago.  Yes, that was scary!  I'd love to see it again to see if it's as scary to me as an adult!

I can't even read scary books without feeling paranoid.  Years ago, I read the Amityville Horror.  It was night-time, my husband wasn't home and my young children were sleeping.  I couldn't bring myself to go downstairs into the cellar to put my laundry in the dryer...I was that scared!!!  Can you imagine if I ever saw "Psycho"?  Would my showering days be over?????

@lOVETOSHOP I am laughing reading your post, because my sister was that scared after watching the original 1st Halloween movie. She couldn't do laundry for a week because she was so scared about Michael Myers.....lol!!!!!  It's funny how you can get so scared from a movie. The Exorcist did it for me-scared me for months and months!! Won't ever watch that one again.

@lOVETOSHOP@CANDLEQUEEN

Candlequeen, I'm laughing too.  This isn't about a movie but a book.   When I was reading "The Amityville Horror" I couldn't sleep in the same room as the book.  It scared me so much I'd put it in another room every night and retrieve it in daylight LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

I like movies like Psycho, not so much a fan of blood & guts, I cannot watch Nightmare on Elm Street, Freddy (whatever his name is) scares me, and when we go to the Haunted Houses, or the Haunted Hayride, I swear every year, who ever is Freddy seeks me out every year, I literally freeze and start shaking, of course the character thinks this is funny, and comes right up to me with those knife hands and whispers in my ear, one of these days I am going to haul off and hit whoever it is, LOL!  I like movie where the mind is used as the scary, what some people minds have come up with is so scary that someones mind could be so warped!  I like psychological thrillers in movie & books as well.

Respected Contributor

Seriously, NO.

I do not find them to be entertaining at all.

i know some people like to be scared out their wits or just can not get enough gore - not me though ... I like my sleep at night đź’¤.

-Texas Hill Country-