Respected Contributor
Been waiting for this series - thought the guy who played Ross was very attractive hope it continues as good as the old series. I am from Cornwall so loved the scenery.
Honored Contributor

Re: Did Anyone Watch Poldark?

I LOVED the original series...I don't know if anyone can compete with that series...forgot it started already!

Honored Contributor

Yes, I watched it and liked it.  I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.  I was under the impression from the ads for it that it had been on previous years, but I don't remember it.

If you're from Cornwall, do you also watch 'Doc Martin'?   It's filmed there also, on the coast.  You come from a beautiful part of the world!

Honored Contributor

I recorded it and haven't had a chance to watch yet. I'm a big fan of Aiden Turner (Poldark) and look forward to the show. I did not see the original Poldark series.

Respected Contributor

Did not see the previous series. Haven't read any of the series. The sweeping Cornish views were beautiful. I enjoyed it but did think that the acting of many portraying the lower classes was almost comical. I will watch again.
Respected Contributor

Yes geezerette - I have watched Doc. Martin and know that part of Cornwall - we lived in Truro and Village of St. Agnes.
Honored Contributor

I watched it and enjoyed it tremendously.

Respected Contributor

I also watched it and enjoyed it; I loved the original series, this is a bit more gritty.  The servants, etc., were also portrayed like this in the original and probably pretty much how it was for them at that time.  Gorgeous cinematography with those sweeping vistas by the sea.

Trusted Contributor

Good stuff!  I knew the girl with the dog was going to be more beautiful than Elizabeth.  I don't know how good Crimson Fields will be tho....

Respected Contributor

Yes! I thought it was really good. Looking forward to the rest of this series.