Trusted Contributor

Decades channel Binge Weekend - Family Affair

I never noticed how often Uncle Bill wore bathrobes.  He was introduced to the parents of one of Cissy's girlfriend wearing - what else - the bathrobe.

The come in an assortment of colors too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Decades channel Binge Weekend - Family Affair

@sktchy That's funny that you mention that...never noticed.  I barely remember that show, mainly the name.

I like to sit and binge too on old shows.  Just recently I've been watching Will and Grace.  It ran from 1998 to 2006 (I had to look it up).  Ha!  I didn't remember it being on air for that long.

It's interesting to look at some of these old shows.  A show like that one ...... well, some of the the things said on it, would never make it to air these days.  

I binge on Law and Order too.  Right now I have 50 Law and Order shows on my DVR.  I'll go back and several I've already watched a few times and immediately delete them.  I like the simple structure of the show.  They find a body, they find the killer and they take him to court.  The show starts and ends in one hour.  I don't go crazy trying to 'keep up'.  Ha!

Trusted Contributor

I got to thinking of a girlfriends Dad walking through the family room with his boxers on ... 

The show is corny - it is playing on one of the TV's.  

The only show I binged was the Mary Tyler Moore that was shown not long after she died.  It hilarious is so many ways ... and the stuff Mr Grant would say ... ARG !

I worked with men the majority of my career and all I can say is Thank Goodness I had Brothers. 

Honored Contributor

You're right on the bathrobes, I remember that. Kind of a smoking jacket. (Wear it over pants.)

Honored Contributor

I noticed the bathrobes too. I thought it odd Uncle Bill was wearing a bathrobe as they were eating dinner. Everyone else was dressed.

And also, what gift did Uncle Bill bring back from Hong Kong(?) - bathrobes. So the next scene they were all wearing bathrobes.

Honored Contributor

@sktchy As a fan of Family Affair, you might enjoy taking this quiz.  See what you can answer and remember.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@drizzellla wrote:

I noticed the bathrobes too. I thought it odd Uncle Bill was wearing a bathrobe as they were eating dinner. Everyone else was dressed.

And also, what gift did Uncle Bill bring back from Hong Kong(?) - bathrobes. So the next scene they were all wearing bathrobes.

@drizzellla Uncle Bill may have - I was doing something during that segment when his' Number 1 Boy' followed Uncle Bill back from Hong Kong looking for a job and tried to squeeze French out of his position.  There was a comment about slippers matching something ...

At least we know Uncle Bill was wearing bottoms under those bathrobes.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@sktchy As a fan of Family Affair, you might enjoy taking this quiz.  See what you can answer and remember.

@Annabellethecat66   -  where is the quiz ?

I never watched these shows when I was a Kid.  I don't know why - we just didn't watch THAT MUCH TV.  

I love Leave it to Beaver.  There are a lot of lessons in that show that I wonder if Kids would understand without all of the crazy that goes on in todays TV.  

The other day, on a dare,  The Beaver climbed into a billboard display of a 3D ladies arm holding a coffee cup.  He fell into the cup and had to be rescued by the fire department.  THAT is exactly something one of my Brothers would have done.

Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

You're right on the bathrobes, I remember that. Kind of a smoking jacket. (Wear it over pants.)

@qualitygal That is a bathrobe.  A smoking jacket would come to the hip.  Smoking jackets are more formal.

Honored Contributor

I accidentally deleted or original website that had questions specifically about Family Affair.  But I did find this questionaire and some might enjoy seeing how much they remember about some of these shows many of us remember from past times.

http://www.metv.com/shows/family-affair