Honored Contributor

It is so cute and makes me laugh. 

Valued Contributor

One of my favorite movies. I liked it so much, when I went to see it with my parents when it came out, I stated: "If I ever have a little girl, I will name her Chelsea."  Many years later I did just that.

My father and I had a relationship much like the relationship between Norman and Chelsea.  I loved Katherine Hepburn and Henry Fonda.  Not terribly fond of Jane, but she is a good actress, I just wish she had kept certain of her opinions to herself.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Honored Contributor

Re: Watching Golden Pond

[ Edited ]

@CatLoverDogsToo wrote:

I loved Katherine Hepburn and Henry Fonda.  Not terribly fond of Jane, but she is a good actress, I just wish she had kept certain of her opinions to herself.

Totally agree. @CatLoverDogsToo

Honored Contributor

It got over just too soon, what a good show.

Honored Contributor

Loved Jane, in addition to the others.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

On Golden Pond is one of my favorite movies.  I always wished I had a vacation home near a lake like that.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Watching Golden Pond

[ Edited ]

One of my favorite movies!!  Loved the set/scenery!! And also loved the characters played by Katherine and Henry. Was never a great fan of Jane's though...

PS -  I meant to add that years ago, I heard Jane give an interview regarding this movie.  She stated that the movie changed her relationship with her dad for the better!! Apparently it had been pretty strained for sometime before the movie.

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

On Golden Pond is one of my favorite movies.  I always wished I had a vacation home near a lake like that.  

@wildcat fan I was going to post the same thing.

Esteemed Contributor

On Golden Pond was a very sweet movie. It was Henry Fonda's last hurrah. 

Honored Contributor

Though it's been a long time, I remember loving this movie.