Honored Contributor

Re: Days of Our Lives has NOT been cancelled

Even with slashed budgets, soaps cost more to produce than do game shows or talk shows, which is one reason why afternoon TV has become little more than a vast wasteland of talk shows, entertainment news shows, and shows designed to titillate viewers by featuring a never ending parade of low lifes... That said, it appears no one these days knows how to write or cast a good soap opera.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

For many years, when it was newer, Days was one of the better soaps, but it hasn't been for years. I tried to re-up with it after a many year absence and absolutely could not watch it. It just wasn't interesting and the cast and characters left a lot to be desired. While they've tried, personally, I don't think it ever recovered from the years when it went totally off the rails with posession and secret island story lines...

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

I think it has to do with something changing on NBC and contracts, not other garbage posts

Sadly,it may well be over  I have been watching since day 1 <3

Me too, and Mama Wick, we were both in middle school in 1965. It would mean the end of an era for people like us. It is always a part of my day no matter what.

Contributor

I hope this show is never cancelled.  I have been watching forever.  I still think its pretty good.  I would hate to see it go!

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

I think it has to do with something changing on NBC and contracts, not other garbage posts

Me too, and Mama Wick, we were both in middle school in 1965. It would mean the end of an era for people like us. It is always a part of my day no matter what.

@Shelbelle wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

I've also been watching since day 1.  I hope it stays on.  No matter if it isn't as good, I will still watch as long as it is on.  I sure hope it isn't canceled.

Honored Contributor

Seems to me it all hangs on the decision of Princess Megyn Kelly whom I cannot abide. And what we need is more women with talk shows? All they are are hen fests and commercials. I have never been interested in any of them. I hope I'm never that desperate as to watching something like that.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

Seems to me it all hangs on the decision of Princess Megyn Kelly whom I cannot abide. And what we need is more women with talk shows? All they are are hen fests and commercials. I have never been interested in any of them. I hope I'm never that desperate as to watching something like that.

Sooner or later all the talk shows will start taking each other out. They already are. There have been so many that haven't lasted and part of the reason is they rush to anoint a new talking head who really isn't 'all that'. Added to that is the saturation factor. How many hours of yammering, ranting and raving can any one person endure in a single afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately, I believe the writing is on the walls for our beloved soap.  It will be a sad DAY, indeed when it happens. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

I agree, I really think regardless of Megan Kelly, the show will be axed, the ratings just are falling and falling, that sadly tells the story.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm another loyal viewer who has watched from the beginning.  Agree with others, I'm sorry to say, that the end of DAYS may be in sight.  Can't imagine it being off the air.  Will miss it so much.