Trusted Contributor

I enjoyed watching Derek and his girl friend dance. He obviously found someone as skilled as his sister but have to say that his sister had beautiful lines when she danced.  

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@grandma2pkmh Also notice that Cheryl looks a little different in the face too. I think both of them look great, but do notice a slight change. 

Nothing mysterious just botox on her forehead.  Contrast that with the much younger woman from the Real without botox.  She periodically has the 11's (when the judges are talking to her) though I'm sure she is unaware of this.  

Esteemed Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

There's no actual live audience there, so why the loud canned cheering & applause that Tyra had to shout over the top of?

Even worse than the fake audience applause is Carrie Ann responding to the fake audience boos. 

Respected Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@aubnwa01 wrote:

There's no actual live audience there, so why the loud canned cheering & applause that Tyra had to shout over the top of?

Even worse than the fake audience applause is Carrie Ann responding to the fake audience boos. 

@Wsmom   LOL, I didn't notice that, but I've been fast-forwarding thru most of the show to avoid having to listen to & watch Tyra!

Trusted Contributor

Derek's dance with his girlfriend was great! It did however really make me miss prior seasons when the pros would open the show with a great group dance. I understand with covid they don't want to do that, but I still miss it vs Tyra's catwalk strut to open the show.

I was shocked that Johnny was in bottom 2?? But then again I liked Vernon and Peta. I didn't want them to leave either. I'm a bit confused with the judges giving 9s to multiple pairs when the quality of dances were definitely not equal. 

I really hope their Halloween show is as fun as other seasons. They would always go all out for costumes and decorations in the ballroom. 

Honored Contributor

I previously posted TV Guide gave Tyra a Cheer. This is from the current issue a letter that was written. "I strongly disagree with your "Cheer" for Tyra Banks as the new host of ABC's Dancing With the Stars. What endeared me and I suspect many other fans to past hosts Tom Bergeron, Erin Andrews and Brooke Burke, among others, was that, even though they were celebrities, they presented themselves as ordinary people. Tyra Banks is anything but ordinary and just not right for the show".

Honored Contributor

I agree with a lot of the comments about the show.  It's really gone down hill and I'm struggling to watch it!  I miss Len -- I realize he can't be there because of the virus.  But at least he generally told it like it was.  I really miss Tom, too.  As for Tyra, I just can't handle her.  I was prepared to give her a chance, as I never minded her before.  But she still thinks she is on the catwalk and just struts out in her silly and ugly outfits and it's just too, too much!  Plus, that overly loud canned clapping is horrible.  Turn it down!  You can barely hear what is going on!!!!  I'm not loving it this year at all and find myself fast forwarding through most of it.  I am holding out for the Halloween show, if they have it, as this is usually my favorite.  If this shows keeps on the way it is, I'm thinking I will cross it off my viewing list!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Tyra  just said to Nev and Jenna we'll get your scores now, and then said oh, after the break. Doesn't she know what's going on, Tom didn't make mistakes like Tyra does, she is a producer so she should know what's going on.

@Jordan2  That happened a couple times this week. And it wasn't a tease like Nick Cannon or Ryan Seacrest might do.'....after the break!'. With Tyra,  it was definitely an  error. 

I noticed another error- I watch the leaderboard when it's shown. Nev danced like maybe second or third, and he wasn't on the first view of  the leaderboard! I knew he was safe since I watched Monday night's episode On Demand. 

Trusted Contributor

My Dish Network on screen guide shows that DWTS will air Monday from Midnight to 2:05 AM on Tuesday because of a football game on ABC from the regular DWTS time of 7 PM to 9 PM.  Anyone else see this on their channel guide?  I am in Chicago and I don't know if this is only happening here.

Cannot get reply from ABC Channel 7 here, just referral to on line Q&A which gives no such information.  Just wondering when I can vote for my favorites.

Any comments appreciated.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I previously posted TV Guide gave Tyra a Cheer. This is from the current issue a letter that was written. "I strongly disagree with your "Cheer" for Tyra Banks as the new host of ABC's Dancing With the Stars. What endeared me and I suspect many other fans to past hosts Tom Bergeron, Erin Andrews and Brooke Burke, among others, was that, even though they were celebrities, they presented themselves as ordinary people. Tyra Banks is anything but ordinary and just not right for the show".

They have to be PC that's why