Honored Contributor

Every holiday season I look to watch While You Were Sleeping. It has a good cast, Sandra Bullocks, Bill Pullman, Peter Gallagher, Peter Boyle, Jack Warden, Glynis Johns, etc. It is a sweet movie, the whole movie takes place in the span of a week (Christmas Eve to New Years I think). I don't think reviews were all that kind, but I enjoy it. I usually pair it with Sleepless In Seattle, which oddly enough Bill Pullman was also in ( starred Tom Hanks my favorite and Meg Ryan).

Honored Contributor

Re: What Is An Underrated Movie

I like "Cannery Row" with Debra Winger and Nick Nolte. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I think "The Devil Wears Prada" is underrated.  It is often 'written off' as just another 'chick flick', but I think the acting is admirable and it has wonderful cinematography. 

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter I agree. I find the writing to be very clever and witty in many areas and the cinematography is wonderful.

It is definitely more than a "chick flick", which is a category of movies I'm not a fan of.

Super Contributor

@Jordan2  While You Were Sleeping is definitely a favorite of mine!  Such a great cast and sweet story.

Super Contributor

I never tire of Passengers. beautifully filmed and like the cast: Chris Pratt, Lawrence Fishburne, Jennifer Lawrence. 

also love The Cutting Edge, White Christmas and any musical. 

Esteemed Contributor

Flightplan, with Jodie Foster.  Very suspenseful!

Storyline

The husband of aviation engineer Kyle Pratt has just died in Berlin, and now she is flying back to New York with his coffin and their six-year-old daughter Julia. Three hours into the flight Kyle awakens to find that Julia is gone. It's a big double-decker plane, so the very concerned mother has a lot of territory to cover in order to find her daughter. She takes matters into her own hands as she fights to discern the truth. Written by Anthony Pereyra {hypersonic

Jodie's character was the designer of the plane, so she knows everything about the plane and how to go about finding her daughter.  No one on the plane remembers seeing her daughter on the plane at all.

Honored Contributor

Caligurll

I am with you on this movie, a good one!!!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always felt like Silkwood was underated.  

Meryl Streep and Cher - two brilliant actors.  It's one of my top 5 movies.

But it seems like nobody has seen it but me.   Of course I know that's not the case but it never felt like it was mainstream, even though it is an amazing, and true, piece.

Honored Contributor

It Happened on 5th Avenue...my absolute fave holiday movie ever!