Honored Contributor

@BeckiWV  I watched because of Suki Waterhouse.  I enjoyed the series.  Last I heard is that Amazon ordered two more seasons of it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@BeckiWV  I watched because of Suki Waterhouse.  I enjoyed the series.  Last I heard is that Amazon ordered two more seasons of it.  

@songbird that would be awesome. I would love it.

Suki Waterhouse was excellent as Karen. Loved her. ❤️

Honored Contributor

I was planning to watch this series anyway @BeckiWV , but your review makes me want to start it today!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Oh boy, I didn't care for it.  Watched the entire series, hoping.  Really wanted to like it.  

Was so interested in seeing Riley act and sing.  If that's her first stint it wasn't bad, for sure.

But the songs were horrible.  Sorry!

The male actor for the lead singer seemed too old to be a frontman for such a young band.  I feel like the guy who played his younger brother (graham?) would've been better.

I honestly didn't know one actor from the series, but that's not necessary for me to arrive at my opinion of the series.

Regular Contributor

I absolutely loved this series. I enjoyed the format and the actors. I thought Riley Keough was amazing.

Honored Contributor

Re: Daisy Jones & The Six

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Oh boy, I didn't care for it.  Watched the entire series, hoping.  Really wanted to like it.  

Was so interested in seeing Riley act and sing.  If that's her first stint it wasn't bad, for sure.

But the songs were horrible.  Sorry!

The male actor for the lead singer seemed too old to be a frontman for such a young band.  I feel like the guy who played his younger brother (graham?) would've been better.

I honestly didn't know one actor from the series, but that's not necessary for me to arrive at my opinion of the series.

I don't know who wrote the songs, but yeah...not very memorial. They weren't by Suki though.  I liked Suki Waterhouse because in real life she's a singer/song writer.  She writes great songs!  Odd because she became a singer after they filmed the series in 2019.  Since then, she's been touring and released her debut  albums. She'll  be at Lallapalooza in Chicago along with Lana Del Rey this summer.  She'll also be opening for Taylor Swift.

Esteemed Contributor

I really liked this series. Someone said Amazon ordered two more seasons. I'm glad. 

So many series (& movies) I start watching and back out. 

I thoroughly enjoyed all episodes. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Daisy Jones & The Six

[ Edited ]

I haven’t been able to watch the last few episodes (issue with my TV and unable to stream)

Anyways, based on the book and the format of the series, I don’t understand how they can do more seasons unless they do current day (or, more specifically, when they are doing the interviews) and plan for a comeback reunion or have each season follow a different character.

Sometimes some things don’t need to continue, no matter how much you like them. The 2nd season of Big Little Lies, for example, was a disappointment IMO because the story ended.

Respected Contributor

I think I read someplace that the character interviews that updated what had gone on were supposedly 20 years after the band broke up which I think was 1977 or so on the show, so maybe 1997-98?  I guess they could do more episodes showing what had happened during that 20 year period & then, the years since then.

Super Contributor

I am trying to get into this, but I just am not. I have never heard of most of the actors and they are mediocre at best. I don't care for the music and the story line is predictable. Sorry!