Honored Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:

Those of you who watch That Girl, as I do, on the nostalgia channels, might also remember him as the bespectacled Leon, husband of Ann's ditzy neighbor. 

Screenshot_20240518-170351_(1).png

@Moonlady 

Oh, yes!  I had forgotten about him being on that show!  He was great!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

It's fun spotting him on retro channels in his early career, when he was often almost unrecognizable.  Love him in, among other dramatic shows,  "The Invaders",  with Roy Thinnes.  He popped up more than once over the series.

Screenshot 2024-05-19 at 7.47.47 AM.png

He had an "everyman" quality that I think audiences instinctively like.  Excellent, versatile actor. 

Trusted Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ 

Thank you, I stand corrected.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

It's fun spotting him on retro channels in his early career, when he was often almost unrecognizable.  Love him in, among other dramatic shows,  "The Invaders",  with Roy Thinnes.  He popped up more than once over the series.

Screenshot 2024-05-19 at 7.47.47 AM.png

He had an "everyman" quality that I think audiences instinctively like.  Excellent, versatile actor. 

Yes! I remember The Invaders! Though I don't remember his appearance on it, that doesn't surprise me because I do remember him in a number of anthology series of the same genre, like Alfred Hitchcock, Outer Limits, etc. 

That "everyman" quality you mention is an interesting point. I think that's one more reason why I enjoyed him on The Guardian, which I mentioned above. With much depth, he played the flawed father of a flawed son. We have the series on DVD, and still enjoy it. It was his longest TV role, and I always thought he should've gotten an Emmy for his performance. 

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

Enjoyed him in everything that I have seen him in. Sometimes he played a most "disliked" character and played him well.. RIP!!!

Honored Contributor

I also remember him in a Columbo episode.  

Excellent actor, for sure.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).