Valued Contributor

Re: DOWNTON ABBEY...DID YOU SEE IT? ...LIKE IT?... OR?

I love the movie! The first scene was at a wedding and the camera went down the aisle and you could see all the smiling faces of all my favorite characters. This movie made me really happy.

Honored Contributor

@Flatbush wrote:

Just received the new movie DVD  from Netflix today. The movie came out in 2022 and it has already been put out for distribution?

I wonder how popular it was or wasn't. So, if you saw it, what did you think?

@Flatbush 

Since people still aren't going to the movie theaters in droves I'm guessing it's about keeping the new movie "active".   Not sure it has anything to do with "how popular" the movie is.  

I haven't seen it yet, but definitely plan to when I can watch it in my own home.  

Respected Contributor

@deeva Yes! Belgravia!!  

You're probably right-- Eventhough I liked it.  The Belgravis series was not as good as the others and maybe why it won't be back.  

Respected Contributor

@Flatbush   I have seen the latest movie twice, second time at home.  I purchased it via Amazon Prime so it's mine forever.

I was a faithful follower of the PBS series and loved the first theatre movie where they hosted the King and Queen.  I havee the series annd first movie as a DVD set, but no longer have a player.  That's why I bought the latest theatriccal release from Amazon Prime.  Now I just speak the title into my remote with the microphone button and voila--it's on my television. 

I, too, think Julian Fellowes story lines are well plotted.

I enjoyed the first season of The Gilded Age and so look forward to enjoying the upcoming second season.

aroc3435

Washinton, DC

Honored Contributor

While my friend was visiting from England, we went to see it at the cinema.  We both wanted to see it on the big screen.

And we both loved it.  I liked the way they seemed to wrap up a lot of loose ends.

Respected Contributor

@aroc3435 

Not sure I get "The Gilded Age" I will have to look it up. Sounds as if I would enjoy that too.

Watched every episode of" Downton...", loved it and was so disappointed when it was over.

Loved every character and was so anxious to see the next episode.

We who enjoyed it were/are a passionate group.

Glad you are now able to feed your interest and easily whenever you want.

Respected Contributor

@Flatbush    I'm a long time Comcast customer.  Gilded is on HBO.  The settings and costumes are fabulous and the story line held my attention.  Since you liked Downton  I suspect you will enjoy this series.

PBS has been showing Upstairs, Downstairs this summer so I have been watching that too.

Have a pleasant Sunday.

aroc3435

Washington, DCC 

Respected Contributor

@aroc3435 

Oh, I have neither Comcast or HBO.

Thanks for the information though.

Darn.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Flatbush   I just did a search.  Doublle check what I found. Indicated you can watch/stream if you have an existing Amazon Prime or Hulu account by adding a subscription to HBO Max.

Hope this helps.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Respected Contributor

@aroc3435 

Thank you for going through and double checking for me.

I have neither of those either.

Yes, I am simply behind the times.

You are certainly kind and again I Thank You.