Frequent Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

@colliegirls

so do i!!

@JCF

thank you for posting this!

Now maybe the writers will get serious about their story lines and boot some of those we don't want on like the teens!!!

Now don't go speaking for everybody concerning the teens I have no problem with them at all and the show needs young people.

Honored Contributor

@Renna wrote:

When I heard it was renewed through September 2017 I was thrilled, I'm sure the actors were also. 

Nothing to be thrilled about.  It was already renewed through 9/16.  So it only got a one-year renewal, many times it has gotten two.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori

I agree with you  as i'm another lifer since day one.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@colliegirls  I miss it too!

Honored Contributor

I watched it for many years, but found the whole 'possessed Marlena' thing and the 'Salem murder island' thing too stupid for words, so stopped watching. I've tried to go back, but like all the remaining soaps, the writing seems to range from hardly compelling to downright bad. I don't mind teens on soaps, but they have to be appealing, overall, and they need to cast them so that they can segue easily into adult story lines and adult roles. I'm finding most soaps are missing the boat in these categories.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: DOOL Renewal

[ Edited ]

@colliegirls wrote:

I wish As The World Turns and Guiding Light were still on!!

They were so good at one time. I miss them too. Amazing to me that veterans like Liz Hubbard (Lucinda Walsh) wasn't picked up by one of the few remaining soaps, unless, of course, she had no interest in another long term gig... She was fabulous and the shows that remain would really benefit from a 'matriarch' type. If you look back at the golden age of soaps, there was almost always a grande dame, something they all seem to be lacking these days.

A one year renewal is better than nothing, but wouldn't seem to be much of a vote of confidence.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I stopped watching Days when Marlena was possessed; as soon as she levitated off the bed, I changed channels and never went back.   I have never missed the show.   

Super Contributor

I'm another lifer too and I adore Doug and Julie....thrilled that we've been renewed for another year.   I also follow the other 3 soaps and enjoy them too  but DOOL is #1 in my book and hope it goes on for another 50+ years Heart

Honored Contributor

People (NOT JUST WOMEN, BY THE WAY) WANT some of the departed soaps. If WEEKLIES can survive with lavish budgets, why couldn't a scaled down DAILY Soap have a healthy longevity on a pay channel?

I'd GLADLY pay to watch ATWT or AMC again, and I certainly wouldn't need location filming or expensive sets.

Soaps CAME from RADIO, so there were NO SETS needed in their founding days.

Events were TALKED about rather than shown.

A Soap doing that, showing some interiors, nice but not outrageous dress, and good (corny, over the top, romantic) plots could sell me LOTS of laundry products, cereal, and diapers.

WHY ISN'T THIS HAPPENING?? I LOATHE the replacement shows. If I want to listen to a diverse bunch of women arguing, I'll make an extra appointment with my hairdresser. The chi-chi recipes and cute unrealistic advice that has replaced AMC would NEVER entice me to watch, and I haven't.

Honored Contributor

I grew up listening to the radio  before tv was around..those were the days of suspense.

But, today it's a new era of our favorite shows and different actors coming and going and  same for the stories  and many writers for them.

I think we need to enjoy them before they are taken from us and replaced with qho knows what ???

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."