Frequent Contributor

DIRECT TV - Outage of major channels

Anyone else have this going on? It's been at least since 4:00 AM this morning when I got up. Called Tech Support at 8:00 when they opened. They're "working on it." I can't believe it's gone on this long. Tried to call again but was on hold for 45 minutes and hung up.
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: DIRECT TV - Outage of major channels

I am so glad you posted this!!!  I got up and my pre selected channels in the box were all gone.  I cannot get my 1080i resolution to show. . I pic is far less.  All TVs.  Hopefully when it is resolved the resolution will come back.

Honored Contributor

Seems to happen a lot with our DirecTV.  And you just get that "No need to call" message across the screen.

Also, one of the major local channels (ABC) is forever having periods where the screen goes black and the sound goes, then it comes back on.  That's the only channel it happens with, so it's clearly something with their signal, but it's annoying!  You miss half the conversation.

And in the meantime, the cost just continues to climb.

Honored Contributor

It's probably because of the SNOW STORM in the East

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Frequent Contributor

I'm very frustrated. I understand that there are always going to be issues, but it's been all day now! Also, two weeks ago I could not watch HBO on demand because all the shows and episodes were jumbled. I don't care about that during the week, but on the weekend I do! The service has been terrible lately. Are there any other alternatives?
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

It's probably because of the SNOW STORM in the East

I'm in the Northeast and outages could be because of that in this instance.  However, the intermittent problem we have has been ongoing for over a year with no resolution.

Also, we're in the middle of this blizzard right now and it's not affecting us, as far as DirecTV is concerned, so it's not always just the weather.  Some times it really is a technical issue with their equipment and it take a long time for them to resolve it.  We lost over three days of viewing on one channel because of that during perfectly fine weather.  And do we get any partial refund?  Not a chance.

Valued Contributor

If your sat dish is ice or snow covered you cannot get the transmission.  When we had Direct TV we had no service until we cleared a hugh snow drift from our dish - not the easiest thing to do if it's mounted on the roof line.

Super Contributor

I am in Kansas and have no weather problems here.  . think it is bigger than that

Honored Contributor

Mine has been fine today.  The only time it ever goes out is when the dish gets covered with snow.  That happened once, briefly, this past year. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment