Esteemed Contributor

Anybody else notice t.v. ads catering to our new Covid concerns? Tonight there was an ad for Lysol spray and another for another "just in case" ( to be safe ) spray.  There are many of this type all over t.v. plus the deluge of KN95 , etc mask ads on Facebook. I wonder how much money has been made over the past year on these products. I also wonder if Super Bowl will have one or more of these products advertised.

Respected Contributor

Of course I've noticed the ads.  It's the world we currently live in.  I just ordered another 100 KN95 masks yesterday.

It's not the amount of money has been made because of the manufacturing of these products that concerns me, but the amount of money, jobs and businesses that have been lost due to this horrible pandemic.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor
I didn’t have time to read the article, but saw a headline about how boring the Super Bowl commercials are expected to be this year. I know some of the usual suspects aren’t advertising (Budweiser, for example - and, let’s be honest, wouldn’t you love to see those horses this year! I think they’re missing another iconic moment). I’m sure there will be more commercials thanking essential workers than advertising anything like Lysol.

In an aside, last weekend was the first time since last March that I saw the Lysol spray at the local supermarkets. $7.50 at one store, $9.99 at another.
Honored Contributor

It's good to see actors wearing masks even in commercials not using COVID in their sales pitch - for example, convenience stores and fast food restaurants.

Honored Contributor

It's capitalism at work.  Vendors will put their advertising dollars  where they can get the most exposure.