Respected Contributor

Conjoined twins Abby and Brittany from TLC's Abby and Brittany are married

Abby and Brittany Hensel and Josh Bowling at the 2021 wedding nuptials.Abby and Brittany with Abby's husband, Josh Bowling.

Abby and Brittany are conjoined twins who had their own show on TLC in 2012 called "Abby and Brittany". They both work as teachers and there hasn't been a TV special about them in over a decade .  When I heard last year that they were married, people on different forum websites said that it was a hoax and that the small amount of photos were photoshopped- I wasn't sure if they got married or not since these girls don't have social media accounts.  I always hoped that these girls would get married or find great boyfriends someday. 

Good news! There have been articles from multiple news outlets this week stating that Abby and Brittany married a man named Josh in November 13, 2021.  The marriage records are listed under Abby's name, but I think that they are both married to him.  He seems like a very nice guy- he's former military and works as a nurse.  i wish these girls all of the best and I'm really glad that they found love! Heart 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Conjoined twins Abby and Brittany from TLC's Abby and Brittany are married

[ Edited ]

@SportyShorty07 

That's wonderful news! I've watched their stories over the years. 

It just goes to show that there is someone out there for everyone. 

Woman Happy

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Respected Contributor

@GingerHead  Its such great news! I'm really glad that Abby and Brittany popped into my head and I googled them today Smiley HappyHeart  These girls are really medical miracles- they beat the odds at birth and they're able to drive a car, swim, walk, run, dance and more.  It semms like they're doing really well in life, work and love. I'm really happy for them! Smiley HappyHeart

Esteemed Contributor

There is much I just don't understand about how this would work.

Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07 - Thanks for sharing this!

I just read about them recently. They sound wonderful - kind and feisty and full of life. 

I also read they have different personalities.

And they are stepmoms! Josh has a young daughter, 8 at the time he and Abby married. 

I give their parents SO much credit. Their parents were told there could be no surgery until they were older, but their parents were also skeptical both would survive. So they just decided to raise them as normal kids! When they were older the twins did have a third arm removed because it just wasn't needed.

When I was a teenager I read about conjoined toddler twins that were to be separated. Their mother said when she saw them before the operation she noticed one twin's nails had been painted. Even at my age back then, wanting to have children one day, I couldn't imagine that mother's heartbreak.

The three of them are examples of love in its purest form to the whole world.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I am happy for them that they found love.  Its really not anyone's business how their relationship works, just like any other relationship its their business.

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom  Its amazing that Abby and Brittany's parents chose to keep them together- I think that in their case, they made the right decision.  I've seen documentaries about conjoined twins being seperated in infancy and adulthood and the surgeries are incredibly complex and one or both twins dying can be a huge risk as more organs and arteries are shared between each set of twins.  These girls really are so inpsiring.

It's wonderful that they're not only wives, but also step moms to his young daughter- that little girl will get to have two moms who can help her with her homework, have fun, and give her advice as she grows up.  I remember watching them on TLC years and tears ago and thinking, "There's got to be a special guy to marry them someday- someone who will care about them, love them and have their best interests in mind." Its great that they got married Smiley Happy.   

Respected Contributor

@spumoni99 wrote:

I am happy for them that they found love.  Its really not anyone's business how their relationship works, just like any other relationship its their business.

@spumoni99  I'm happy for them too.  I'm sure the husband knew what he was getting into when he fell for Abby and Brittany and I'm sure they have figured out their relationship and how it works for them.  Its interesting how only Abby's name is on the marriage license- I wonder why they weren't both able to sign it as sisters? 

Respected Contributor

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

@spumoni99 wrote:

@spumoni99  I'm happy for them too.  I'm sure the husband knew what he was getting into when he fell for Abby and Brittany and I'm sure they have figured out their relationship and how it works for them.  Its interesting how only Abby's name is on the marriage license- I wonder why they weren't both able to sign it as sisters? 

Its probably just legal to only marry one person, of course its a special circumstance.

Respected Contributor

@spumoni99  I have a fun question about Abby and Brittany's marriage- how do they plan dates with their husband Smiley Happy?  Let's say Abby wants to go dancing and Brittany wants to go mini golfing or something- would they compromise and pick one date or does he do both dates in a day? Dates on alternate days?   I think that this is a very unique relationship and he's going to learn a lot about life and love in being married to these girls Heart.