Honored Contributor

Re: Concerts You Would Have Loved To See

On our 11th wedding anniversary we saw Randy Travis in concert. A wonderful memory I will carry w/me forever.

Two of our fav songs he sang that night: "3 Wooden Crosses" and  "Look Heart,No Hands".

Respected Contributor

Coldplay Heart

Honored Contributor

During the late '30's (1930's) Mom and Dad saw the Tommy Dorsey band in Youngstown, Ohio. (I think  it was Youngstown) . He had a boy singer and Mom said she thought he was going to be a big star-The boy singer was Frank Sinatra.

Honored Contributor

I was a huge concert goer and have been lucky to have seen many of the bands mentioned here.   Not so much anymore unless the Stones decide to tour again, I'm pretty much done with that scene.  It really has to be worth my while now, LOL!   If I had to pick one though I never saw I'd say Elvis.........I was very young when he was on the scene but I remember my aunts and my mom swooning over him!   I liked his music but was not a huge fan until I finally visited Graceland and was overwhelmed with his life story and amazing talent.   It gave me a whole new perspective.

Regular Contributor

Tom Petty and Peter Frampton.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We are concert people. Looking at my list of those we've attended makes me chuckle. I'm definitely dating myself and may have overlooked some

ATTENDED:

Eric Clapton

Barry Manilow

America (2x)

John Sebastian

Dion

Frankie Avalon

Fleetwood Mac

Styx (4-5x)

The Monkees (LOL)

Donny Osmond

Donny & Marie

Bobby Sherman

Mark Lindsay

Davy Jones

Bon Jovi

Nelson

Pat & Debby Boone

Hall & Oates

ELO

Kenny Rogers

Journey

The Happy Together Tour (2x)

Ronnie Milsap

Juice Newton

John Denver

Kansas

Rod Stewart

Keith Urban

Celine Dion

Craig Morgan (2x)

TSO (3x)

I wish I could have seen The Beatles, The Eagles,The Osmond Brothers (don't laugh), Elvis, and The BeeGees in person.

Nowadays we go to LOTS of Southern Gospel concerts, more than can be counted over the last 8-10 yrs.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Of cource you can still see concerts.  My issue is I will NOT do a standing only venu.  I will not drive two states over.  Some I loved have retired.

I will say that my first concert was in high school and it was Jimmy Hendrix;  he was wonderful!  We reared children, and had little concert info; no internet or cells in those days.

My misses:

Pink Floyd

Bon Jovi

Fleetwood Mac

Elton John

Queen to experience Eddie Mercury

Garth Brooks

I am a big big fan of Queen and seen them back in the day....Freddie has been a part of my life for many many years...got me through some difficult times....didn't know if it was a typo ....it's not Eddie it's Freddie Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

On our 11th wedding anniversary we saw Randy Travis in concert. A wonderful memory I will carry w/me forever.

Two of our fav songs he sang that night: "3 Wooden Crosses" and  "Look Heart,No Hands".

I love Three Wooden Crosses. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Elvis

George Michael

Queen

Pentatonic

Il Lobo

Il _____

Celtic Woman

Beegees

Beach Boys

Beatles

Abba

Mommas & Poppas

I'd love to hear, the man from Italy.  Andrea Boccelli. (sp?)

So many

Esteemed Contributor

I’ve seen many but missed Elvis