Honored Contributor

City Of Angels Meg Ryan, Nicholas Cage

Last night, I rewatched this movie!  I just love the sweetness!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: City Of Angels Meg Ryan, Nicholas Cage

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG  I wish it was on now and I would watch it! I enjoyed it as well.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG  I wish it was on now and I would watch it! I enjoyed it as well.

@SeaMaiden I got it from netflix.  Around $11.00 a month, I get 2 CD's a week and full streaming.  Keeps DH happy with his sci fy on the desk top.  Shadow and I snuggle on the couch and watch Chicago PD or Chicago Med.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

That's a fantastic movie!

There's a version (German language) that's even better even if you don't

understand German!   I have the German version on DVD.

Wings of Desire.  (from WIKI)

Wings of Desire (German: Der Himmel über Berlin, lit. 'The Heaven/Sky over Berlin'; pronounced [deːɐ̯ ˈhɪml̩ ˈyːbɐ bɛʁˈliːn] ) is a 1987 romantic fantasy film directed by Wim Wenders. The film is about invisible, immortal angels who populate Berlin and listen to the thoughts of its human inhabitants, comforting the distressed. Even though the city is densely populated, many of the people are isolated or estranged from their loved ones.

City of Angels is a 1998 American romantic fantasy film directed by Brad Silberling and starring Nicolas Cage and Meg Ryan. Set in Los Angeles, California, the film is a loose remake of Wim Wenders' 1987 film Wings of Desire (Der Himmel über Berlin), which was set in Berlin. As with the original, City of Angels tells the story of an angel (Cage) who falls in love with a mortal woman (Ryan), and wishes to become human in order to be with her. With the guidance of a man (Dennis Franz) who has already made the transition from immortality, the angel falls and discovers the human experience.