Honored Contributor

Re: Chrisley Knows Best Todd and Julie found guilty

[ Edited ]

Wow! Saw this too. I always got such a kick out of this show, but as I said on a previous post, I always did think they lived waaaay above their means.....So I guess I am not suprised! I also did hear that Todd was having an affair with a male that went sour, and that person tipped off the Feds, or IRS or whomever...

Sad shame, but I also wonder what will happen to Chloe, their granchild that they raise, as well as their teenage son who is maybe 14 or 15, Grayson?

Such a shame!!!!I don't know why people think that they can get away with this stuff? Pure and Simple Greed!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@JamandBread well, as if it wasn't enough for the family to have to process this legal trouble but to also have to deal with the accusations of the infidelity -  it just makes it a lot to deal with.  Too much layered on. Feel bad for them.

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart Interested to know what they they actually were convicted of (i.e. the details and each count).  Overall I would not consider the chrisley's a danger to society - to themselves maybe - but not people who have to be locked away for 30 years.  Let's see the details but as of now I feel if they are convicted upon appeal that there is restitution that can be made, fines paid,  and perhaps some moderate jail time.  They are not bernie madoff's.   

Violent criminals should be looking at 30 years.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@colliemom4 Just guessing they won't be spending a lot of time for religious services!

I know someone who used to watch this series and  I would sometimes watch with her but I alwys found them to be creepy.

@Love my grandkids 

I tried to watch the show once .... it was like a creepy train wreck in slow motion. 

What a mind bogglingly creepy man!  Ugh!

Super Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  Grayson just turned 16 (according to google).

7.jpg
Esteemed Contributor

I would not expect them to get anywhere near the 30 years mentioned.  Probably a relatively short stay in federal prison.

Honored Contributor

@moonandthestars wrote:

@CalminHeart Interested to know what they they actually were convicted of (i.e. the details and each count).  Overall I would not consider the chrisley's a danger to society - to themselves maybe - but not people who have to be locked away for 30 years.  Let's see the details but as of now I feel if they are convicted upon appeal that there is restitution that can be made, fines paid,  and perhaps some moderate jail time.  They are not bernie madoff's.   

Violent criminals should be looking at 30 years.

Nothing irritates me more than a wealthy person committing a crime and getting a slap on the wrist.....when a middle class or poor person would get hammered for the exact same crime. 

So many people pay their taxes, don't cheat and lie, while trying to do the right thing as they struggle to get by. 

• Reality TV stars Todd and Julie Chrisley have been found guilty of tax evasion, the Justice Department announced on Tuesday. Their accountant was also found guilty of a number of tax crimes.
  • Before the couple's show, "Chrisley Knows Best," began in 2014, they conspired to defraud community banks in the Atlanta area to obtain more than $30 million in personal loans, according to U.S. Attorney Ryan K. Buchanan. 
  • The Chrisleys and their former business partner submitted false documents to obtain millions of dollars in fraudulent loans and then spent the money on cars, clothes, real estate and travel. They used new loans to pay back the old ones.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read that Nanny Faye has been battling bladder cancer for almost a year but didn't want it announced. She's been undergoing treatment.

Valued Contributor

I guess Chrisley doesn't know best. I used to watch their show from time to time and it could be really funny. Sorry to hear that they're thieves.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Chloe the grand daughter

Kind of off-topic but I think that little girl is cute as a bug.