Respected Contributor

Re: Chesapeake Shores Series Finale

I really liked this show and am sad it's not continuing.

The scenery and all the pretty actors was so nice to watch.

Good stories too.

Respected Contributor

It had a wonderful ending and I am going to miss this show.  I am watching more and more MeTV (all the oldies) and the Hallmark movies.  With all the depressing news in the world, I do not want to watch murders, etc.  I received an email about this show that stated "don't be surprised if you see the O'Briens again."  

Respected Contributor

@lovesallanimals  Oh, YAY!!  I hope we do see the O'Briens again.

That gives me hope and agree with you we need more "nice" shows to watch. Cat Very Happy

Frequent Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

It had a wonderful ending and I am going to miss this show.  I am watching more and more MeTV (all the oldies) and the Hallmark movies.  With all the depressing news in the world, I do not want to watch murders, etc.  I received an email about this show that stated "don't be surprised if you see the O'Briens again."  

Are you able to share where the email came from?

There is an article posted on October 16, on the website TV Insider titled ‘Chesapeake Shores’ Boss Reveals What Would’ve Happened Next After Series Finale.

It was an interesting interview, definitely worth reading if you are a fan of the show, and the next to the last paragraph said this:

So what are the chances of it continuing in some way, whether a spinoff, movie or another season somehow?

I can’t really share anything yet, but we are in discussion about something like that. I don’t really know what it would entail yet, but I don’t think you’ve seen the last of the O’Briens, let me put it that way.

Honored Contributor

It would be nice to see a holiday show of the O'Briens! I will miss it on Sunday night, I watched from the beginning.

Happy Tuesday Have A Great Day

Frequent Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

I wasn't sure if the gal who played Jess was actually pregnant or had recently had a baby.  I didn't notice her tummy so much as "the girls".   So I was thinking maybe she had had the baby just prior to filming starting.

From the article posted on October 16, on the website TV Insider titled ‘Chesapeake Shores’ Boss Reveals What Would’ve Happened Next After Series Finale.

Jess is pregnant! That conversation she and David had reminded me of what you’d said about condensing things.

Yeah, that’s true. It was a condensed version of the next season. [Laughs]

Given her complicated relationship with Megan, was putting her on the path to motherhood in-show something you wanted to include?

This was something that we’d always kind of intended. It was particularly helped by the fact that literally everyone who was of pregnancy age this season, the actresses all got pregnant or had babies. Laci and Jessica both had babies right at the beginning of when we shot this season. Meghan and Emilie got pregnant through the course of the season. So there was just such an air of pregnancy on the set that it felt right that she would accept being a mother and want to go with that.

Honored Contributor

I was underwhelmed by it. Sure, it was nice seeing the parents remarry, but I lost interest this season.

Esteemed Contributor

@undertheradar , lol...is that pretty much all of the girls of child-bearing age with the exception of Connor's girlfriend?  True sisterhood to be able to go through that together.