Frequent Contributor

Chesapeake Shores Series Finale

The series finale of Chesapeake Shores aired last night on the Hallmark Channel. 

What are your thoughts about the way the series wrapped things up at the end?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Chesapeake Shores Series Finale

Happy endings for everyone. The finale was exactly what I expected and it did not disappoint. I am glad that nothing was left hanging/unresolved.

So many times a Hallmark show is cancelled and viewers are left wondering what would happen to the characters. I am glad that this one was able to show a series/season finale. 

Valued Contributor

I so enjoyed the show. I was sad to see it go.

I agree that the storylines were all tied up at the end and nothing was really left hanging.

Frequent Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

So many times a Hallmark show is cancelled and viewers are left wondering what would happen to the characters. I am glad that this one was able to show a series/season finale. 

I completely agree! 

I am glad everyone in Chesapeake Shores was able to get their happily ever after.  I also think the show greatly improved when Jessie Metcalf left and Robert Buckley came aboard.  For that reason alone, I was hoping the show would continue. 

It would be nice if the Hallmark Channel would do a follow-up standalone movie sometime in the future, so we could all get an update on the characters and their lives.

Frequent Contributor

@msgb wrote:

I so enjoyed the show. I was sad to see it go.

I agree that the storylines were all tied up at the end and nothing was really left hanging.

Maybe we will get a follow-up standalone movie in the future, to update us on the storylines.

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed the show.  Everything was tied up, nothing left to wonder about, and happy endings for all.  

Frequent Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

I enjoyed the show.  Everything was tied up, nothing left to wonder about, and happy endings for all.  

A feel-good, happily ever after, for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

ICAM with @undertheradar about how much better the show got after JM left.  IMO it was barely watchable with him.  He's a great looking guy but I find his acting to be beyond bland and didn't see any chemistry with them. Another one I didn't miss was Diane Ladd.  I didn't read the books so had no investment in the characters, themselves, as far as needing certain people there, etc., if you know what i mean.  Like I have read that a lot of people hated it after JM left because of their investment in Chase from reading the books.

I thought it was a good ending with everything tied up but I would have liked for the series to continue.

Meghan Ory was so big by the last episode there was nothing they could do to hide her pregnancy.!😀

Respected Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

ICAM with @undertheradar about how much better the show got after JM left.  IMO it was barely watchable with him.  He's a great looking guy but I find his acting to be beyond bland and didn't see any chemistry with them. Another one I didn't miss was Diane Ladd.  I didn't read the books so had no investment in the characters, themselves, as far as needing certain people there, etc., if you know what i mean.  Like I have read that a lot of people hated it after JM left because of their investment in Chase from reading the books.

I thought it was a good ending with everything tied up but I would have liked for the series to continue.

Meghan Ory was so big by the last episode there was nothing they could do to hide her pregnancy.!😀

@Wsmom 

Same with the character Jess whose pregnancy was announced, so funny art imitating life, the actress was really growing too.

Agree 100% about Jesse Metcalf, I liked his character on Desperate Housewives and that's it.  Didn't like Diane Ladd's character and fake Irish accent either.  Luckily I started watching Chesapeake Shores right after JM left so I enjoyed the episodes.  

Esteemed Contributor

@rockygems123 , I wasn't sure if the gal who played Jess was actually pregnant or had recently had a baby.  I didn't notice her tummy so much as "the girls".   So I was thinking maybe she had had the baby just prior to filming starting.