Super Contributor

I was watching "Prodigal Son" and noticed that a new cast member had been introduced.  When I looked up the character's name on Google, I learned that it was Catherine Zeta Jones.  I did not recognize her.  I've always considered her a beautiful woman who I have enjoyed in many movies. 

I'm noticing that so many gorgeous women, e.g. Demi Moore, Geena Davis, etc. are choosing to make themselves into mannequins.  Of course, everyone has free will to decide on how they will age, but I wish more would really see and flaunt their true beauty and not hide behind a plastic appearance.

Honored Contributor

Re: Catherine Zeta Jones

[ Edited ]

Her appearance changes like the seasons. Every time I see her, she looks different. 

Her face looked frozen when I saw her on PS.

Respected Contributor

We love the show and saw her. My husband said she doesn't look good. The mother I don't know her name but her face is so botoxed it ripples under the skin. She has no wrinkles but what I call ripples that seem to occur under the surface. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband didn't recognize her at all. We don't watch the show, but saw an advertisement and he said that can't be her...I said yep it is! Granted, he hadn't seen her in a very long time either.

She is a gorgeous woman, and probably only needed to do minor tweaks, but maybe went too far?Also I think her hair is darker than it has been lately!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

She and Michael were on the Golden Globes together last week, she looked just fine to me, she is not old, 51.

Respected Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

We love the show and saw her. My husband said she doesn't look good. The mother I don't know her name but her face is so botoxed it ripples under the skin. She has no wrinkles but what I call ripples that seem to occur under the surface. 

Bellamy Young , she was on Scandal as first lady , then president , she also is only 51. Loved her on Scandal.

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

Bellamy Young , she was on Scandal as first lady , then president , she also is only 51. Loved her on Scandal.

I just read Young's wiki and it said she's a Yale graduate, where she started to major in physics but changed to English and theatre. Wow.

Honored Contributor

Never heard of the show .......  anyone have photos?

Honored Contributor

@Indra   The thing is this, once you reach a certain age in Hollywood, jobs are far and few inbetween.  You can either take a part of a mother or grandmother and do those roles come around often?  No. If different for men as they are still offered roles.  Most actresses aging have plastic surgery -- face lifts, eye jobs, if needed.  It's part of being in the limelight.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Indra wrote:

I was watching "Prodigal Son" and noticed that a new cast member had been introduced.  When I looked up the character's name on Google, I learned that it was Catherine Zeta Jones.  I did not recognize her.  I've always considered her a beautiful woman who I have enjoyed in many movies. 

I'm noticing that so many gorgeous women, e.g. Demi Moore, Geena Davis, etc. are choosing to make themselves into mannequins.  Of course, everyone has free will to decide on how they will age, but I wish more would really see and flaunt their true beauty and not hide behind a plastic appearance.

@Indra 

I don't know if you are deliberately trying to be controversial .... or you really just don't get it.

Imagine a job you've trained many years for, and finally establish yourself.   Good roles finally start coming and the reviews and box office substantiate you have talent and the movie-going public enjoy film you appear in.  Then, the roles stop coming because they're given to younger, less experienced actresses.   They tell you at 35 you are too old.  Having plastic surgery is a tough call .... some look great afterwards, others don't.  It's not just about the choice of doctor.  

Unless you've ever had a job that hinged almost solely on your youth and beauty, ignoring talent, you have no idea what you're talking about.  Walk a mile in their high heels first before you criticize.