Honored Contributor

Let's face it when you are a celebrity, there is so much focus on the way you look. I think Carrie looks beautiful, I can't really see a difference in her appearance ( I am sure she had an excellent plastic surgeon work on her). I think scars give you character, it seems to me men don't get as much scrutiny on their appearance as women do.

Trusted Contributor

I don't know if she or the press has overblown this whole issue.  I'm sorry she fell, but glad she was able to have what she needed to "fix" her face. However, I'm a bit tired of hearing this played out over and over again.  I had to have surgery on my foot a few weeks ago that also involved having a skin graft done by a plastic surgeon.  Turns out he is world renowned for doing cranio-facial reconstruction on children with serious deformities.  When we compare what happened to CU with what some people in this world are really dealing with, we see the world differently.  Let's keep it in perspective.

Respected Contributor

celebs over stressing about their looks?  maybe they are trying to be perfect for all the opinionators.   

let me count the threads started recently,  just here, with posters posting opinions about celebs beauty, looks, weight,  clothes, style, etc...

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

There is no hatred from me at all.  I am also not jealous of her.  She's beautiful and very talented.  I don't know her, but I've seen her on some interviews.  She does, at times, come across as a bit arrogant. She doesn't seem to be a super warm person.

I am sure her fall was very traumatic, but she should be so grateful she healed well and is still beautiful.  It does seem as if she's making a very big deal of it and has whined a bit.  

If she wasn't as beautiful as she is, no one would be commenting so much on this other than commenting about how lucky she is for the fall not to have been worse.  It seems very overindulgent to me.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

I'm  not jealous of her.

She fell and and was injured.  I can see the scar.  

She made it seem like her fans wouldn't recognize her after this accident.  She is still recognizable.  She created the drama for whatever reason.  

I like her.  I think she's a great singer.  I have no issues with her.  I have no idea why she said what she did though.

**what is "edoggy"

Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of her or her music.  She doesn't seem particularly warm or friendly.  However, I feel bad that she was hurt and had to deal with all of that.  That being said, the whole topic has been around long enough.  I think she is harping on it because she doesn't want people to think she had elective plastic surgery that didn't turn out great.  Truthfully, it's not that noticeable.

Honored Contributor

Why can't this woman just stop trying to get attention over something that you can not even see!   Here is a man who had to endure 2... (YES 2!) FACE TRANSPLANTS... 

SHAME ON CARRIE! 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2018/04/17/the-worlds-first-recipient-of-a-sec...

BKLKDK3KLI4NZMJ3SVFBZ4WKWA.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@Jaspersmom wrote:

I don't know if she or the press has overblown this whole issue.  I'm sorry she fell, but glad she was able to have what she needed to "fix" her face. However, I'm a bit tired of hearing this played out over and over again.  I had to have surgery on my foot a few weeks ago that also involved having a skin graft done by a plastic surgeon.  Turns out he is world renowned for doing cranio-facial reconstruction on children with serious deformities.  When we compare what happened to CU with what some people in this world are really dealing with, we see the world differently.  Let's keep it in perspective.

@Jaspersmom I think it was the press that blew this up initially- and Carrie is following up after the fact. Yep, with social media it certainly is a different world today !!

Esteemed Contributor

She cant stop the press from asking questions or bringing it up lol.

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I am not a fan of her or her music.  She doesn't seem particularly warm or friendly.  However, I feel bad that she was hurt and had to deal with all of that.  That being said, the whole topic has been around long enough.  I think she is harping on it because she doesn't want people to think she had elective plastic surgery that didn't turn out great.  Truthfully, it's not that noticeable.

I, too, was wondering if she was afraid people might think she had elective cosmetic surgery. Maybe she already had some insecurities about her appearance (even though I think she's lovely), and it was made worse, once she became so well known?  She's probably aware of how viscious some people can be on social media, in general, and was afraid people would make accusations?  I don't know.  It seemed to draw more attention to it, unfortunately.  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥