Respected Contributor

Re: Capote vs the swans

[ Edited ]

I am reading Party of the Century. And this mini series is pretty true to to actual events. It was a decadent and materialistic era in the 60's in NYC and Hollywood.  But with that said I am watching . 

Honored Contributor

After I left my job at CBS to return to school, I returned to work at the Paley Foundation for the summer.  At one point I had to go to the Paley's apartment in Manhattan for some reason.  I got to meet Babe Paley briefly.  Most vividly I remember she had a very strong handshake!

Not watching this series but probably should.  What station is it on--if it's streaming, I'm out of luck--and what time?

Honored Contributor

FX is where I recorded it, @kaydee50.

Trusted Contributor

I have been watching.  It is fascinating-- i love the period and these people.  Holy schnikes. 

Respected Contributor

I read the book. These women were defined by $$ & outer appearance. While both exist today, there are many more opportunities for women today, besides having a 'man as a plan'Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@evelyner wrote:

I remember when CZ Guest was on qvc selling gardening stuff. I never knew who she was.   Wow,  is anyone else watching?

Yes! I am watching. Excellent series!

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 

I 'm watching it on Prime video...it was "for purchase" only.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

I must be the only one who couldn't even get through the first episode. His whiny, high voice drove me nuts as did his mannerisms. I really liked the first Feud and couldn't wait for this one, but it was a pass for me.

Trusted Contributor

The actor has Capote right on. I remember watching him on talk shows. He was such a great author and ruined everything with alcohol. 
hw wrote In Cold Blood and Breakfast at Tiffany's. 

Respected Contributor

I'm watching on FX on Xfinity and for a change it is free. But when I tried ot get Feud: Joan vs. Bette you had to purchase. So I declined this.