Esteemed Contributor

CBS Renews ‘Elsbeth' For Season 2

CBS has renewed the freshman series Elsbeth for the 2024-2025 season in Deadline's latest renewal status report released on Wednesday, Co-Editor-in-Chief Nellie Andreeva projected Elsbeth would be renewed for a second season. This leaves The EqualizerNCIS: Hawai'i, So Help Me Todd and CSI: Vegas pending renewal/cancellation news.

Across broadcast and streaming, Elsbeth is netting nearly 11M viewers after 35 days of viewing. That’s up 52% from CSI: Vegas’ performance in that time slot last year.

"Elsbeth has charmed audiences with its singular blend of delightful humor, distinctive ‘how-done-it' storytelling and the inventive, brilliant quirkiness of Elsbeth Tascioni," said Amy Reisenbach, president of CBS Entertainment. "Executive producers Robert and Michelle King have a stellar track record for creating critically acclaimed series full of unforgettable characters and, alongside showrunner Jonathan Tolins and his writing team, have developed an incredibly entertaining and engrossing New York City-centric world for the show to explore. We are grateful to the uniquely talented cast, led by Carrie Preston, Wendell Pierce and Carra Patterson, for bringing these wonderful characters to life in the company of a world-class roster of weekly guest stars."

Fullscreen button

(L-R): Wendell Pierce as Captain Wagner, Carrie Preston as Elsbeth Tascioni and Carra Patterson as Officer Kaya Blanke
(L-R): Wendell Pierce as Captain Wagner, Carrie Preston as Elsbeth Tascioni and Carra Patterson as Officer Kaya Blanke
Honored Contributor

Re: CBS Renews ‘Elsbeth' For Season 2

oh nice.....this actually means that i can START watching it!

so tired of getting invested in shows that are cancelled after one season......and there have been A LOT the past few years!

thank you Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

This is one show I can just not get into.  I will give it one more try but not very hopeful it will change my mind.

Honored Contributor

Yes! Now if they'd reconsider shutting down the Blue Bloods set.

Respected Contributor

Yay! I like this show!

Frequent Contributor

I didn’t think I’d like this show, but it is really good. Glad it was renewed. I also love Blue Bloods. I think they’re rethinking canceling it.
Respected Contributor

I wouldn't bet on Blue Bloods returning.  If Tom is as bad as they are talking about, he won't return, and I don't think it will be renewed without him.  Just a thought.

Respected Contributor

Wonderful.  I really enjoy this show.  Love her outfits and the writing is spot on. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

Watched last night. Glad to see Blair Underwood.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

Thank you for this post - I love this show.  I hope they will renew So Help Me Todd, which is another of my favorites.