Esteemed Contributor

Re: Burt Reynolds makes rare public appearance at film festival

@CANDLEQUEEN, I've heard him say that about Sally Field before.  He never has anything but good to say about her.  I think that's sweet.  I liked them together as well!

Respected Contributor

burt looks like he's shrunk a bit and it looks like he is missing some teeth.  that's why his face is sunken in.  that may be why he looks fragile. 

he looks pretty close to his age, i think.  he led a hard drinking and druggie life. 

he's lucky he made it this far.  

Honored Contributor

I wish him the best but he needs to lose the glasses.  I wonder what happened to his ex wife (can't remember her name)?   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I wish him the best but he needs to lose the glasses.  I wonder what happened to his ex wife (can't remember her name)?   Cat Very Happy

Loni Anderson?

Honored Contributor

I thought the other guy was Beau Bridges.  Not DeNiro. 

Honored Contributor

katie couric interview with burt reynolds 4/24/17

https://www.yahoo.com/katiecouric/burt-reynolds-talks-trump-lost-loves-latest-movie-175118288.html

Legendary actor Burt Reynolds has been working in Hollywood for nearly six decades. At 81, he still knows how to command a scene on the silver screen. His latest film, “Dog Years,” the tale of an aging movie star, is debuting at the 2017 Tribeca Film Festival.

Reynolds sat down with Yahoo Global News Anchor Katie Couric to talk about his new film, its parallels to his own life and career, and the roles he regrets turning down.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Citrine2 wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN, I've heard him say that about Sally Field before.  He never has anything but good to say about her.  I think that's sweet.  I liked them together as well!

I remember a very long time ago when he was being interviewed by somebody (so long ago I cannot remember who).  The interviewer asked him who was the love of his life.

I don't remember why but, for some reason, I thought he was going to say Dinah Shore.  But he said Sally Field.   It seems that throughout all these years, she has continued to be the love of his life.

I don't know anything about why they didn't last - either that, or I knew at some time and have forgotten.  argh.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

He was one hunk of a man in my day.  He was a pinup with just a towel on the back of the door in the ladies room stall when I went clubbing.  We all get there sooner or later.  

Honored Contributor

@Big Joanie wrote:

What do you think 81 looks like people ?? 

That's where we are all headed ....

I agree.  Not sad, or done in or horrible.  They are just getting old.  If you are very very lucky, it happens!  

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Citrine1 wrote:

I remember a very long time ago when he was being interviewed by somebody (so long ago I cannot remember who).  The interviewer asked him who was the love of his life.

I don't remember why but, for some reason, I thought he was going to say Dinah Shore.  But he said Sally Field.   It seems that throughout all these years, she has continued to be the love of his life.

I don't know anything about why they didn't last - either that, or I knew at some time and have forgotten.  argh.  Smiley Happy

I would have thought so, too. I don't remember why, but it was she who left-just like Dinah Shore who did it for him-age difference thing. I read "But Enough About Me" and enjoyed it, picking out certain chapters. 

I think Burt today is a result of being a stunt man. I know it ruined his jaw and back and I don't know what all. But I'm sure he had a great time doing it. Just too bad.