Trusted Contributor

Bob Mackie & Carol Burnett - Sat. night SAG Awards

[ Edited ]

Bob mentioned twice today that he designed Carol Burnett's gown for her Life Achievement Award presentation during Sat. night's SAG Awards - looking forward to seeing them both!  (It sounded like he would be at her table.)

Honored Contributor

Re: Bob Mackie & Carol Burnett - Sat. night SAG Awards

@KathyLFan wrote:

Bob mentioned twice today that he designed Carol Burnett's gown for her Life Achievement Award presentation during Sat. night's SAG Awards - looking forward to seeing them both!  (It sounded like he would be at her table.)

My favorite Carol Brunett & Mackie design...

tethered_cscc6_gone_with_the_wind_dresses.jpg

Smiley Very Happy

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

Ha, he said he is told that all the time, he sounded like he was kind of tired of hearing about it!  Me, I think Cher when Bob's name is mentioned.

Honored Contributor

@KathyLFan wrote:

Ha, he said he is told that all the time, he sounded like he was kind of tired of hearing about it!  Me, I think Cher when Bob's name is mentioned.

Ditto.  Never Carol Burnett.

My favorite Cher & Mackie design...

article-2582646-1C5D0F0D00000578-863_634x990.jpg

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

That one is my LEAST favorite - here is my favorite!

cher.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Or, when she WON her Oscar, not when she was pissed off for not being nominated as in above photo.

cher.jpg

Trusted Contributor

The costuming gowns he designed for Cher were awesome. She really is the only person that can carry that type of gown.  They are designed for her body and personna, which is why I think so many that try to emulate, don't cut it , the PERSONNA.-----------tedEbear

Esteemed Contributor

I'm pretty sure he designed the glitter outfit P!nk wore for the Grammies - that was pretty well known too. It's really true that he's still designing for the young singers. As commented above, there's nobody that does it better!!

In a Carol Burnett aside - I was very excited that she was going to be performing. But she was coming when I'm on vacation. She keeps adding dates, but it's still when I'm gone!! Anyways- you should be on the lookout for her coming to your town - tickets sell out fast!!
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@KathyLFan wrote:

My favorite Carol Brunett & Mackie design...

tethered_cscc6_gone_with_the_wind_dresses.jpg

Smiley Very Happy

lol, that was my immediate thought as well!! Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
I'm pretty sure he designed the glitter outfit P!nk wore for the Grammies - that was pretty well known too. It's really true that he's still designing for the young singers. As commented above, there's nobody that does it better!!

In a Carol Burnett aside - I was very excited that she was going to be performing. But she was coming when I'm on vacation. She keeps adding dates, but it's still when I'm gone!! Anyways- you should be on the lookout for her coming to your town - tickets sell out fast!!

I think she is performing here in the Baltimore/DC area in April.