Respected Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

@Estellee wrote:

@Effie54 I am wondering how they will wrap up the series.

@Estellee  Great question!! Maybe Frank will retire? You know....he and the Mayor don't see eye to eye. I hope they end things on a good note. I wish Danny had found love again. 

@Effie54 I wondered if Frank would retire, maybe Jamie and Eddie would find out they were having a baby, Danny and Baez would get together, and Erin and her Ex seemed pretty cozy at the end of last season. Or, just another Sunday at the dinner table  Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Estellee wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Estellee wrote:

@Estellee  Great question!! Maybe Frank will retire? You know....he and the Mayor don't see eye to eye. I hope they end things on a good note. I wish Danny had found love again. 

@Effie54 I wondered if Frank would retire, maybe Jamie and Eddie would find out they were having a baby, Danny and Baez would get together, and Erin and her Ex seemed pretty cozy at the end of last season. Or, just another Sunday at the dinner table  Woman Happy

@Estellee I would like to see a little movement into something special. Not that just a Sunday dinner is bad....I would like to see endings per se, to some of the storylines. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Blue Bloods Confusion

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

I just watch rarely. My question is, is the tall thin black haired lady,  think she plays the prosecutor . In the show she is his daughter.

My sister said she, in real life, is his wife !

Is this true ?

If you mean the daughter (Erin), she's the mother of quarterback Tom Brady's oldest son. I think they had a fairly long relationship, but broke up after she became pregnant, @SharkE 

Respected Contributor

If you are talking about Bridget Moynihan, no she is not his wife. She did have a son with Tom Brady, however, many years ago.

Respected Contributor

There are so many "loose ends" in the story lines I can't imagine how they can bring closure to all of them. I am wondering what will be the reason Frank retires. if that is how it ends. The stories aren't fresh and it seems some of the characters are just spinning their wheels. I guess that is the challenge of running a show this long with this many characters. Sean is only at the dinner table; can't remember where they said his brother went. So much potential for better storylines for the characters. They may just leave us all hanging to fill in the future of the characters as we like.

Tom Selleck is probably just tired of working...he sure doesn't need the money anymore...and he has had severe arthritis for years. From CBS's standpoint, I can't imagine how this show hasn't been a huge moneymaker for them and they wouldn't want to do everything possible to keep it alive. Have the ratings dropped severely? That's usually almost the only reason they cancel a show.

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Estellee wrote:

@Effie54 

One thing that's bothered me about the show is it has too many single men without wives or girlfriends.  i'm sure it's about saving money, but not realistic.

I don't know if anyone remembers, but I thought the very first episode of Blue Bloods was one of the best first TV episodes of any show, ever.  

Yes, you're right....now that I think about it. It's only Jamie that's married. I do agree that at least one of the gentlemen (if not more) should have found a mate. 

@Effie54 

Gramps, Frank, Danny, Erin all have no love lives.  Zero.

You mean to tell me that the single Police Commissioner of NYC doesn't have any women interested in him?  

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I just watch rarely. My question is, is the tall thin black haired lady,  think she plays the prosecutor . In the show she is his daughter.

My sister said she, in real life, is his wife !

Is this true ?

@SharkE 

No, but the actress that plays Erin,  Bridget Moynahan,  has a son with Tom Brady.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Estellee wrote:

@Effie54 

One thing that's bothered me about the show is it has too many single men without wives or girlfriends.  i'm sure it's about saving money, but not realistic.

I don't know if anyone remembers, but I thought the very first episode of Blue Bloods was one of the best first TV episodes of any show, ever.  

Yes, you're right....now that I think about it. It's only Jamie that's married. I do agree that at least one of the gentlemen (if not more) should have found a mate. 

@Effie54 

Gramps, Frank, Danny, Erin all have no love lives.  Zero.

You mean to tell me that the single Police Commissioner of NYC doesn't have any women interested in him?  

@Tinkrbl44  Exactly, my thoughts as well. There was one woman a few years back that I thought would be perfect for Frank. It was Bebe Neuwirth (from Cheers). She was on a couple of episodes. And Danny....right? Come on, he couldn't find anyone? I don't care for him and Baez though. No chemistry. Pops had a lady friend a couple of years ago too. I'm with you! 

Respected Contributor

I think the final show, will be them all sitting around the dinner table, for thanksgiving. the whole cast will get in on it. they will all say what they are thankful for and Frank will say he's thankful to retire and be able to film more Jesse Stone movies. I can wish, can't I?Woman Happy

Super Contributor

I don't want it to come to an end.  It's one of the few shows that I enjoy watching each week.  😕