Honored Contributor

Below Deck Med Season Finale

If anyone is still watching this, the season finale is tonight, immediately followed by the reunion.  I believe if you DVR this, the reunion is going to be tonight's episode of WWHL and will automatically record as part of Below Deck Med.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Below Deck Med Season Finale

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

If anyone is still watching this, the season finale is tonight, immediately followed by the reunion.  I believe if you DVR this, the reunion is going to be tonight's episode of WWHL and will automatically record as part of Below Deck Med.

@Lipstickdiva  - I'm still watching and think the reunion will be interesting.  I think Katie was wrong not to bring back Delaney.  Also Matt may be a good chef, but his constant whining was annoying,

Honored Contributor

I never watched any of the Below Deck shows, but discovered this one and liked it so much, then I watched the Summer marathons of all of them, weeks and weeks of them, so now I like most of them.  I am looking forward to next Monday when the original will be back, which I only just watched this Summer.

Lexi should have been let go, and Delaney kept, she could have handled the laundry and there would have been more stews, I chalk it up to either youth, or for drama.

Honored Contributor

I did watch this season and thought this was the kindest crew they have had so far...with the exception of Lexi and big baby Mat.

Katie did make a mistake by going with 2 stews..a good lesson for her going forward.

I think Sandy should have fired Lexi after her first outburst and incident.

The crew should not have been subject to that nut. Having Mat to deal with was more than enough.

Looking forward to seeing how it sums up and the reunion.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@twinsister wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva  - I'm still watching and think the reunion will be interesting.  I think Katie was wrong not to bring back Delaney.  Also Matt may be a good chef, but his constant whining was annoying,

@twinsister   and his complaining about the tip being lower due to Delaney.  Every time he burned his fingers, was painful to watch, I know how that is.

Respected Contributor

I watched the entire season and was disappointed in this crew.  I didn't find any of them very interesting and the over-the-top drunkeness seemed to go overboard (pun intended) this season.

I do like Captn. Sandy.  I thought Katie was a good chief stew, but found her accent to be so heavy and hard to decipher sometimes it began to annoy me.  Most seemed to have very strong accents, whether its Australian or British, not sure.  Hard to understand.  And when Andy had them on WWHL or even this Reunion show, with the Zoom audio, I thought why am I watching this?  They're not interesting, all they do is laugh and smile and seem at a loss for words most of the time.

Lexi was beyond horrible.  Matt was a strange one, likeable and smiling one minute and then frantic and unsure of himself the next.  I too thought Katie probably should have kept Delaney if only for her to work in laundry and service when needed.  But Delaney's voice was really odd too.  She was a beautiful girl and she told why she spoke like she did in the beginning, but I don't recall why she taught herself to talk like that.  So odd imo.

Glad the season is over.  Not sure why Matt was mean to Sandy at the Reunion saying she was the worst Captain he ever had.  She gave him so many extra chances to redeem his behavior and showed confidence in his abilities to be a good chef.  Oh well, onto Captain Lee next week.  I hope they have a more interesting crew.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I told you guys when my daughter was living in Windmere she met Captain Sandy.

My granddaughter is good friends with the daughters on the people Captain Sandy hangs out with.

My daughter showed up to the house to pick up my granddaughter and Captain Sandy was introduced to my daughter.

My daughter said she recognized her right away.

A lot of people on TV end up visiting thes3 people at Windmere, so my daughter has been able to meet them.

My daughter said usually the people live in person don't look anywhere as good as they do on TV.

However, she said Captain Sandy looked even better in person than she does on TV.  She said she didn't have makeup on and her skin was clear and pretty.

Esteemed Contributor

I fell asleep during the reunion show, so I missed some of the fireworks with Mat about Captain Sandy.  I don't know why he would say he wouldn't work with her.  He got a ton of chances from Sandy.  He has to be the most insecure person on tv.  I felt bad for Katie having to constantly listen to him seeking affirmation of his worth.  Mat sort of ruined the show for me this season.  Too much of him and his insecurity.  And what happened with the eggs?  

Captain Sandy looked very pretty in the finale.  

Honored Contributor

I watch this show off and on...catch up on reruns.  All I know is that I would NEVER  want to have a job as a deck hand or a steward after watching this show.

Honored Contributor

I watched the finale and reunion.

Nothing really new. If I were Capt Sandy I would never hire Mat again...he was so disrespectful to her saying she was terrible. She was so kind to him and gave him moire chances than necessary. He is very strange to me.

I was disappointed in Courtney at the reunion..she was drunk. 

I really wish they would limit the amount of alcohol the crew can drink while being filmed. They get hurt and worse can happen. 

I did hear Mat say they were being fed non stop alcohol so I guess Bravo does this purposely.

Not entertaining or healthy IMO.