Honored Contributor

I am another Blue Bloods fan. Least favorites are Erin and Jaime's partner(I forget her name, but she is annoying). Favorite is Danny.

Respected Contributor

Been watching since the first episode. Still like it, just maybe not quite so much. I really do wonder how much more they can come up involving one family though...

But,, definitely one of my weekly shows that I do watch. I look forward to watching it on Friday nights usually with a pizza...

-Texas Hill Country-
Esteemed Contributor

What did you think of the fall season? I was surprised that Linda (Danny's wife) was no longer in the show. It was a shocker.

Esteemed Contributor

@elated wrote:

What did you think of the fall season? I was surprised that Linda (Danny's wife) was no longer in the show. It was a shocker.

I was very surprised and confuses also.  It made me feel like I missed something in the finale, but all I remember was his house on fire.  They didn't show any helicopter accident.  I think the writers coud have handled it better and still surprise us.

Honored Contributor

I think it was totally supposed to be a surprise and cut out all the drama of the crash etc. I was lost also and I never even saw the finale. I liked Linda. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have been watching FRIENDS on NETFLEX, and love the episodes when TS played Richard, Monica,s boyfriend.  He was her Dad,s friend, so old enough to be her Dad, but boy was he s###y at about 50.

Didn,t care for the new Mayor.  Forgot her name.  She was good in the Mob series, but not since.

Didn,t care for this first episode tonight.  I notice some of the shows coming back are not as good the first week for me.

Honored Contributor

Linda was the only non-blood family member at the dinner table so I think her perspective will be missed.  If the writers felt the need to kill her off, I would have liked to see a funeral showing how her sons and Danny handled her passing.  When the writers move it off screen, it comes across as indifferent and unsympathetic to an audience that cared about  Linda. Right now, I am not happy.

Trusted Contributor

@AuntG

I so agree with you.  I was so confused.  I so enjoyed her on the show.

I am disappointed in Blue Bloods for the way they handled this sensative leaving of a leading charactor.

Jamma

Honored Contributor

Re: BLUE BLOODS

[ Edited ]

Okay, ladies .... I looked it up ......   a brief article on tvguide dot com about Linda's demise, plus a facebook comment by Amy Carlson, who played Linda.

Linda was the only non-blood Reagan at the family dinner table.  

Just speculating here   ...   Reducing the cast by one character frees up some payroll dollars to give the other cast members a raise.   

Nevertheless, I hope they add at least one new FEMALE character .... maybe this is the year that Frank gets a steady girlfriend?  

http://www.tvguide.com/news/blue-bloods-linda-reagan-dead/

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Okay, ladies .... I looked it up ......   a brief article on tvguide dot com about Linda's demise, plus a facebook comment by Amy Carlson, who played Linda.

Linda was the only non-blood Reagan at the family dinner table.  

Just speculating here   ...   Reducing the cast by one character frees up some payroll dollars to give the other cast members a raise.   

Nevertheless, I hope they add at least one new FEMALE character .... maybe this is the year that Frank gets a steady girlfriend?  

http://www.tvguide.com/news/blue-bloods-linda-reagan

@Tinkrbl44, I clicked on the link but it said page not found. I was confused at first by her death because I knew I saw her at the end of the episode last season, the whole family got out alive. Did the show just decide to write Amy Carlson out, or was it a contraction dispute, or did she want out? I'll miss her, but truthfully the writers didn't give her much to do. Hopefully we'll see her appear elsewhere.