Honored Contributor

Re: Arnold has quit Celebrity Apprentice!

@Tique wrote:

One...two...three......Tweet!!!

LOL  

Honored Contributor

@CatLoverDogsToo wrote:

I'm glad to see Arnold go, never did like him. I think that show may have run its course. I wonder what the ratings were for this last season.

The ratings were dismal.  It was a pretty bad show.  Stiff Arnold and that boring and uniteresting bunch of contestants.  The show was a disaster.  They tried to resurrect something that was better left dead and buried.

Honored Contributor

@Pandalady@  wrote:

I'm with you!  If it continues, I'll be watching.  Thinking of potential replacements, Hmm...Mark Cuban came to mind.  Not sure of his contract with ABC and Shark Tank, though.

@Pandalady, don't expect to see Mark Cuban ever on this show.  Not only because of how he feels about the boss.  Mark Cuban is a real, proven, tax-paying billionaire, overseeing many genuine businesses.  And a busy team owner and beloved  husband and father and yes, Shark.  From humble beginnings, self-made.

He doesn't have to go on a fake show where the boardroom is mostly scripted and the "gold elevators" are just set props that only open and close but don't function.  He's the real deal and on Shark Tank he's not playing a part, he's being an actual investor and mentor.

Honored Contributor

I predict mark Cuban's going to make a run in politics.

I knew his Uncle and his Dad - they owned a business in the neighborhood where I grew up and when I got my old MGB they put a new roof and new upholstery on it. They were very nice people.They did beautiful work. Mark got his work ethic from them.

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Pandalady@  wrote:

I'm with you!  If it continues, I'll be watching.  Thinking of potential replacements, Hmm...Mark Cuban came to mind.  Not sure of his contract with ABC and Shark Tank, though.

@Pandalady, don't expect to see Mark Cuban ever on this show.  Not only because of how he feels about the boss.  Mark Cuban is a real, proven, tax-paying billionaire, overseeing many genuine businesses.  And a busy team owner and beloved  husband and father and yes, Shark.  From humble beginnings, self-made.

He doesn't have to go on a fake show where the boardroom is mostly scripted and the "gold elevators" are just set props that only open and close but don't function.  He's the real deal and on Shark Tank he's not playing a part, he's being an actual investor and mentor.

Whoever hosts the Celebrity Apprentice may be working on a set, and the winner doesn't get a job in the end, but I think it's off base to refer to it as a "fake show." The charities are real, and they actually receive money.  It's like a game show where the players return to their everyday lives in the end, except the charities are the ones that win the monetary prizes and the celebrities benefit by raising money for their cause and increasing their exposure in the public eye.  It's "scripted" with tasks and presentations, but the end goals, raising money and highlighting awareness for a worthy cause, are legitimate and honorable ones.  If the network and people working behind the scenes benefit, that would be no different than the majority of other programming on television.  I understand Mark Cuban has a lot on his plate and may not want to do the show, but I also recognize Celebrity Apprentice for the good it has done over the years.  The show has featured "real, proven, tax-paying" overseers of "genuine businesses" (even billionaires like Warren Buffet), so I don't understand why you imply Mark Cuban would be out of his element there in that regard.  

I hope they are able to find a dynamic host with keen business experience to continue the show.  They don't have to keep the same set (I have no issues with the gold elevators), but I do hope they return to the previous seasons' emphasis on the charities.  I loved the way the previous seasons had a feature where they presented the weekly checks to the charities.  I don't understand why Arnold and company decided to move away from that this year.  

Esteemed Contributor

Mr Wonderful, but he is running for some office.  I think MR. TWEET did a wonderful job on the Apprentice.  He was also liked and respected.  How sad.

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori  You're right.  He's doing more to help real people and their businesses on Shark Tank.  He would be someone I wouldn't have minded watching on there.Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

Mr Wonderful, but he is running for some office.  I think MR. TWEET did a wonderful job on the Apprentice.  He was also liked and respected.  How sad.

I agree, bring back "MR. TWEET" and all his fledglings.  Believe me!

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

They should just put a pin in this show. It is way past it's expiration date.

I've been watching since the first season, and I would continue to watch because it does so much to raise money and awareness for many worthy charities.  

@wildcat fan

Just how much, on average, have charities been given in each season?   I was under the impression that the amounts were rather small.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Pandalady@  wrote:

@LoriLori

Very well stated .....  Mark Cuban is the real thing, with a sincere personality and good work ethic ....   and doesn't need the phoney smoke and mirrors to make him look good.

I guess a lot of people just aren't aware of how contrived most "reality" shows are.    They are heavily scripted and many things are done just for effect, with lots of editing done to what's been filmed.  

I guess you could say that reality shows really aren't ....... real.  lol    Woman LOL