Respected Contributor

April 3 Happy 97th Birthday Doris Day!

Born Doris Mary Ann Kappelhoff in Cincinnati, Ohio on April 3, 1922.

For most of her life, Day reportedly believed she had been born in 1924 and reported her age accordingly; it was not until her 95th birthday—when the Associated Press found her birth certificate, showing a 1922 date of birth—that she learned otherwise.

Image result for doris day at radio station circa 1940

Doris Day - 1957.JPG

Image result for doris day

Image result for doris day with animals

Related image

Picture

Honored Contributor

Re: April 3 Happy 97th Birthday Doris Day!

@lmt wrote:

Born Doris Mary Ann Kappelhoff in Cincinnati, Ohio on April 3, 1922.

For most of her life, Day reportedly believed she had been born in 1924 and reported her age accordingly; it was not until her 95th birthday—when the Associated Press found her birth certificate, showing a 1922 date of birth—that she learned otherwise.

Image result for doris day at radio station circa 1940

Doris Day - 1957.JPG

Image result for doris day with animals

Related image

Picture

Thank you for posting.  Love her.  She still has that wonderful smile.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Birthday to a fellow animal lover. I could watch her movies over and over again. She could sing, dance, act seriously or comedically. She and my mother were born just weeks apart. Mom will be 97 on May 12. We’re going to go down to NJ to celebrate with her.

Honored Contributor

Wonderful woman and animal lover.

Respected Contributor

Happy Birthday to Doris. She's one of my most favorite actors. Too bad TCM is not featuring any of her movies on her 97th birthday. 

Honored Contributor

Filled with a kind of radiant talent, Doris led an often difficult life.  Yet she has maintained a dignity, and found purpose.  She's got that quintessential American optimism, grit and decency.  Hoping her 97th birthday is as sunny and wonderful as she is!

Honored Contributor

@lmt, Thanks for this post,

https://image.shutterstock.com/z/stock-vector--year-happy-birthday-card-with-cake-and-candles-th-birthday-vector-eps-249348046.jpg

Respected Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

Happy Birthday to Doris. She's one of my most favorite actors. Too bad TCM is not featuring any of her movies on her 97th birthday. 

@catter70  All day Doris Day movies? I'd be in heaven!!

Respected Contributor

One of my favorites!  I loved her singing voice.  Hollywood never seemed to take advantage of it.  She had a knock out figure as well.  Always seemed to be a very nice person even though her choice in men was horrid especially Marty Melcher.  I cannot imagine the shock to learn when he died that almost all of her money was gone.  Her son, Terry, was instrumental in filing the lawsuit for the return of monies.

Her book was very interesting and her life wasn't easy, she worked very, very hard all her life.  She, always, appeared as sunshine even though there was a lot of sadness in her life.

How wonderful to reach the age of 97!!

Trusted Contributor

@lmt   Que Sera Sera !!!!!  Always loved her voice and movies !!!