Honored Contributor

Anyone watching the red carpet runway shows?

I'm switching between ABC and E!.  There promise to be some good commercials, too, such as the three female directors each doing one minute for Walmart.  (Melissa McCarthy, Nancy Meyers, and Dee Rees)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone watching the red carpet runway shows?

[ Edited ]

I'm watching E with Ryan and Giuliana, but it seems different this year. Ryan is doing some interviews, but not as many as previous Oscar shows.  Guess it has something to do with the allegtions against him.  Giuliana just talking fashion with those stylists is boring.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

omg Jane Fonda...80yo and looking fab in that white gown.

jane-fonda-oscars-2018-03.jpg

Honored Contributor

I've had it on while I do some chores that need to get done before the actual show begins.  I likely missed a lot, but so far, my favorite is Mira Sorvino and my least favorite is Whoopi Goldberg. 

Jane did look stunning!

Esteemed Contributor

@twinsisterwrote:

I'm watching E with Ryan and Giuliana, but it seems different this year. Ryan is doing some interviews, but not as many as previous Oscar shows.  Guess it has something to do with the allegtions against him.  Giuliana just talking fashion with those stylists is boring.

@twinsister, very different.  Very boring.  I read publicists were going to steer their celebs away from him, and the network was doing a time delay just in case somebody commented on his accusations or anything.  If this is the case with celebs not being interviewed by him, I wonder how long he will last on Kelly and Ryan or what will happen there.  But yes, very boring red carpet.

Honored Contributor

Not watching E....just ABC.  I did hear that Jane Fonda made it clear that she'd pose for photos,but not do the interviews with anyone.

Esteemed Contributor

can't listen to the "pretty people" being interviewed.....

Honored Contributor

Sandra Bullock looks good!   Beautiful gold gown 

Honored Contributor

Jane looks stunning. No I’m not watching  live TV but checking the forums for photos.

Trusted Contributor

No, useless people not worth the time of day. I never saw an industry that needs so much recognition as celebrities, oh yeah, musicians.