Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone watching the red carpet runway shows?

@cherrywrote:

Does anyone know who she is?

I mean at least you could smuggle in a few drinks under that sleeve. Picture:Getty

@cherry

‘Anne Erin "Annie" Clark, better known by her stage name St. Vincent, is an American musician, singer-songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist.’’

performed last night at ACADEMY AWARDS. HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaidenwrote:

@tammysuwrote:

@SeaMaidenwrote:

I caught the best actress presentation... that person  who won had to have been on drugs or drunk or something... she could hardly stand still... wobbling on stage and talked in a slur voice... she acted oddly.... just very strange.

That is Frances McDormand and she is always that way.  Her personality is very quirky.

@tammysu  Oh.. OK.  There you go then..... I really know nothing about her. Just saw her on stage last night and felt she acted very oddly. Thanks for the explaination.

@SeaMaiden, she also has one of the longest-running marriages in Hollywood, to one of the Coen brothers (Joel).  When two famous Hollywood people are married it seems the marriages break up faster.   And I think last night was the first time I've seen their adopted son, Pedro. They're wonderful.  I love the glam but I also love how she feels free to be herself knowing she has nothing to prove to anyone.

Honored Contributor

Frances McDormand was incredible in Three Billboards. Great acting in that movie, such a good movie that I would have picked it for best picture. Granted I didn't see all of them. Some guy who does this at awards shows stole her Oscar at an after party. A photographer spotted him and took it back.

I loved Allison Williams' dress. The whole look, just so perfect. 

rs_1024x759-180304160620-1024-Allison-Williams-Oscars-2018-Bridal-Trends.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I watched some of the Oscars here and there.  I thought it was insulting and not funny when Jimmy showed a picture of families enjoying the water park in some small family resort and making fun that they would send some lucky STAR (and I use the word loosely) there.

I kept thinking, "Buddy, there was probably a time when you were young you'd have loved going there."

I saw it as a slap in the face to people who go to places like that.  Like 'the 'Little People" go there".  

I'm normally not offended by thing like that.  However, these people act like they're so much better than anyone else.  

Did anyone notice how at first he had trouble getting anyone to get up and go.  There was no way some of those grand ladies (ugh) were going to get up.  I can see maybe why they weren't enthused to get up and mingle with the 'little people'.  

I don't think he should have done any of that as it wasn't funny at all, just rude.

I heard people stood up and gave Gary Oldman a standing ovation.  My goodness!  These 'celebrities' have short memories, don't they?